Petsmart Petshotel / kennel cough
I was taking my dog to PetsMart PetHotel in East Hanover, NJ and my dog was vaccinated with Bortadella four months prior. During one of their many kennel cough outbreaks, with the vaccination four months prior, he got kennel cough. The staff did not tell me of the outbreak or warn me and there have been several outbreaks since. Then when I tried to make appt recently, they informed me he needed another shot, becuase it was 7 months since his last. I have spoken to several vets who think the 6 month vaccination is too much and will not do it. I told them I would provide a note from my vet and they told me no. They also acknowledged that there are no guarentees with the shot (which is obvious since my dog was vaccinated and contracted kennel cough in their East Hanover, NJ store).
My conclusion is they don't care about the health of the dogs (willing to over vaccinate against the advice of our vets) and they continue to have outbreaks of kennel cough even with their strict policy. They need obviously change their managment of the facility - more circulation, watch for signs of outbreaks, warn customers when they do have an outbreak, etc. I would say to anyone considering this PetsMart PetHotel in East Hanover, NJ to think twice. They have a strict policy that does not work and an environment full of sick dogs, which will just cost you more in vets bills and be a a huge nuisance and risk to your dogs health.
More Petsmart Petshotel Complaints & Reviews
- Petsmart - return policy on live animals 
- Petsmart Grooming - not satisfied with their services! 
- Petsmart Pet Hotel - pet hotel killed my dog 
- Pet Smart Grooming - horrible customer service 
- Petsmart - employee treatment 
- Petsmart - Fresh Step cat litter (35 lb. bag)
- Petsmart - Noorestown NJ 0574 Legal Beagle
- Pet Smart Store - employee rudeness not doing her job while we waited in line for 30 min
- Petsmart - dog grooming gone bad
- Pet Smart - workers