Petsmart Pethotel / injury

1 great northern mallNorth Olmsted, OH, United States Review updated:

Took my dog to petsmart Pethotel. He was there for 4 days. On arrival he was throughly examined for admission. We got him home that night, he was very tired. The next day found my dogs testicles were the size of a grapefruit, and the skin was sloughing off. I addressed this with the manager, and heard about their 3-step cleaning process. My dog received 2 degree chemical burn. I called my vet, and had to apply cream 5 times per day, as well as pain medication. I didn't hear back from the manager, So I took my dog back to the store, and addressed this with the acting manager. He said she would have to address it with corporate. Another week went by. I addressed the issue thru their corporate website contact us area. Still no response. I then filed a complaint with the our local better business bereau, who had to send through to Arizonia better business bereau. Still no resolution. When a business promises to take care of your family pet, they have an obligation to provide the service that you are paying them to do. The burn my dog received could of been avoided, and should of been noticed by the staff, They NEGLECTED to noted this problem, furthermore they should of been more proactive to resolve this issue, you can't ignore your customers, this is not good business. My dog was there in July 2008, and to date we have heard nothing regarding this matter. I had to pay for a vet visit, and medications for my dog, all I wanted was reimbursed. So don't take your pet tp Petsmart, they don't care, and it is only money. Sad!

Comments

Li
  2nd of Dec, 2008

I have a complaint about Petsmart Hotel as well. They are horrible, DO NOT LEAVE YOUR PET WITH THEM

Mi
  4th of Dec, 2008

I was thinking about leaving my puggle with them during the day, not only is the manager there (some young unexperienced guy with a clipboard in East hanover NJ) is rude. But i called numerous times to see what my dog needed to attend, when i got there we were turned away cause she didnt have some shot. I wasnt told this when i called, not only that, but there isnt a trainer there, i am not sure i want some hourly person stuck to her cell phone supposingly watching my dog! Not to mention, its only 4$ more to have the dogs run around and when i go, i never see any dogs running around in the play rooms...interesting.

K1
  22nd of Dec, 2009

You should probably have him neutered. There is no point in keeping his testicles if you are not going to breed him

Sc
  5th of Feb, 2010

Petsmart Pet Hotel is a terrible place to leave your pet! They LIE about your dog liking doggy day camp and they don't always do the walks you pay for in the time that you want your dog walked! They know NOTHING about cats and their kitty kottage is the size of a small walk in closet! Cats are also ignored there! They are just wanting your money! Believe me, I know someone who worked there! They let dogs eat poop and hump each other! If a dog bites an employee, they don't tell the pet parent because they still want them to bring the dog to doggy day camp because they ONLY WANT YOUR MONEY!!! And don't waste your money buying the ice cream, most of the dogs don't eat it!

Na
  23rd of Feb, 2010

I am going to have to agree, and try to find a different place do board my dog... It is only the best for my dog always, and I research everything for her. I just boarded my dog for 8 days in the Farmingdale NY Pet Hotel. I dealt with the owner most of the time, and the assistant manager other times, both seemed friendly and knowledgeable. My problem is now 3 days later my dog is still sleeping. I can not figure out why my bubbly 3 year old lab appears to be either sedated or depressed. She was very happy to see me when I picked her up, and she was crying in the car all the way home. Normally she recovers after a day or so of being boarded (I figure she is mad at us for leaving her). This time it is very different. All she does is sleep. Has anyone experienced this as well?