Petro Canada Mobility / be careful with petro canada mobile phone service

Canada Review updated:

We heard about Petro Canada Mobile has a 'Unlimited Text Message Plan'. So we went to the gas station, and bought a SIM card and $25 top-up card.

We activated the SIM, and charged it with top-up card. We pretty sure we chose the 'Unlimited Text Plan'. We thought we are ok for use.

But after three days, we found we can't send any text messages or even phone call. I checked the balance, it showed '0'.

We called customer service, was told "we didn't register with any plan, so after we ran out of balance with 'Pay as you go'; our balance is '0'.

Even if the customer service lady knew we only sent the text messages, she won't (or can't) do anything about it. We end up spending $35 for two days use.

I am surprised Petro Canada didn't notify us which plan we are, and there is no notification when our balance is running low.

Ch
Oct 21, 2017

Comments

Jul 09, 2018

I've had a terrible encounter with Petrocan Mobility which went on for over a week with hours of my time devoted to solving it. I won't relay the details of the unbelievably bad service. I honestly don't think they care a whit what people think - I can find no information on how to contact them, and the phone number is useless for providing feed back, lodging a complaint. I plan to find another cell phone provider, and also plan to stop buying their gas as soon as I use the points I have on my Petropoints card. It's interesting how it's nearly impossible to find a customer review website - all the 'review' sites seem to be taken by Petrocan.