Petland / sold sick puppy
On August 31, 2008 we purchased a Papillon puppy from Petland. It was lethargic on the first day, and we thought it was just all the new home excitment. The next day it began coughing, so we took it for the "free" initial visit at the vet recommended by Petland. They diagnosed Kennel Cough. Within a few weeks the dog was perking up.
However, as soon as she began eating and drinking regularly, she began urinating ALL the time. She urinates when she is walking, sitting on your lap, playing with the kids... The vet told us it a "behavioral issue." After two weeks of this, I demanded that the vet do something. It turns out that there is something wrong with the puppy.
The puppy has been to the vet about once a week at the cost of $100 to $400 a visit. The vet has made no diagnosis and is now accusing us of being "irresponsible pet owners" because we can't afford anymore tests. Petland refuses to pay any portion of the vet bills stating that the issue "is not genetic."
In summary, we purchased a $1200 purebred Papillon (and now that is in question as well) that is unable to be a member of the family. The puppy is "quarantined" in our kitchen so that it does not destroy our carpets or infect out other pets (or even our children?).
I think it is irresponsible of Petland to have sold us a sick puppy and then take no responsibility for getting the animal healthy. We have contacted an attorney and await a response on how to proceed.
More Petland Complaints & Reviews
- Petland - they lied us about ferret we bought 
- Petland - terrible experience! 
- Petland- Robinson Town Center PA - sick puppy!! 
- Petland - been ripped off 
- Petland Pittsburgh Monroeville - Monroeville, PA - sick puppy and false documents 
- Petland - account assure / comenity
- Petland - fraud on puppy purchase
- Petland - Canada - wing trims
- Petland Strongsville OH - Rude staff 
- Petland of Largo - We bought puppy, but he was seriously ill