Petco / store conditions

Bowling Green, KY, United States Review updated:

My children and I went into your bowling green KY store this past Friday evening one hour before closing. About five minutes inside the store they cut the lights to the aquariums. While we were checking out the betta fish display as your store has a large variety of them, there were about 6 dead in the containers and 4 more on their way out! One giant betta had been dead long enough he had the white film on him. There is abosultely no sense in fish being in such a shape. We were there to purchase a koi betta as your store had one, he was laying at the bottom on his side hanging in there barely. Several more fish were dead in the tanks, now Im not sure how often they pick out the dead ones and fish do tend to die off when over popluated in tanks, but to see dead fish more than one in several tanks is ridiculous. Who wants to purchase a fish from that tank not knowing if the dead one still inhabiting the same tank had ick or some other disease.
Needless to say we purchased nothing. I found a beautfiul bumblebee betta however given the shape of the rest of the displayed fish I did not want to waste 20$ on one fish to maybe make it home.

Ne
Oct 17, 2017

Comments

• Po
      Oct 18, 2017

Did you tell one of the store associates about the dead fish?