Perkins Restaurant And Bakery / discrimination

On June 9th my family and I entered into The Perkins restaurant in Orlando Fla. We were seated in a small section off to the right of the main seating area.

It was then that I noticed that we were the only Afro-American family in this section. Several other consumers before and after us were seated in the main section. These consumers were all Caucasian.

We were not served or addressed by any of the staff.

Although one waitress did enter into the room grabbed a booster seat and walked out never making eye contact with me. I watched other consumers being attended to by staff through small wooden poles that separated the two rooms.

There were plenty of seating in the main area to accompany my family. I was outraged by this addressed my concerns to the host that seated us and left the Perkins establishment.

Never have I been so humiliated and at the same time angry for myself and my family. My children have never seen the ugly face of discrimination this close up outside of a textbook. They will remember this for a lifetime!!!

Va

Comments

10th of Oct, 2010

orlando is just a racist place-- there are a lot of ignorant white people that are there closed minded rude and a lot of white trash that works at places like perkins- they dont like minorities

• Ci
      10th of Sep, 2018
    Perkins Restaurant & Bakery / Perkins & Marie Callender’s - Wait time
    Oshkosh
    Wisconsin

I placed a to go order in person. I ordered 4 scrambled eggs, 6 slices of bacon and 6 sausage links. It came to $14.20. I waited 35 minutes. The clerk apologized for the long wait and offered me a muffin. The restaurant was not very busy while I was there.