Pep Boys / horrible service

Patchogue N.Y. went in for 4 tires on Tuesday, when I went to pick up the car they said 1 tire had a hole in the side and had to order a new one. So they put 1 different brand tire on, ok. Than when I got home I realized that they ruined the rim. Just had the correct tire put on tonight and they said they would look for a junk yard rim to replace it. Ok. when I went outside to leave I saw the lower body moldings popped out and cracked from putting the car on the lift improperly also dragged the greasy air hose across the top of the car scratching the sh-- out of it.

Va

Comments

• Pa
      21st of Mar, 2009

I have heard similar complaints about this type of service by Pep Boys. They can't handle any type of basic service. I called them to set up state inspection for my vehicle, told them what type of vehicle it was, they said no problem. I show up for my appointment as scheduled, they ask me what vehicle I am bringing in, I tell them and...they tell me that they can't handle a car that small!!!???? (Corolla) Why the hell didn't they tell me that when I called?

They are staffed by incompetent boobs and losers.

PS-the Woodbridge NJ location where this happened went out of business. There is a God!

• Ev
      10th of Jun, 2010

Don’t do it. Don’t make the sad mistake I did thinking Pep Boys will take good care of you. On 5-11-10 I left my car with them for a whole day to do an engine diagnostic. I told them it was bogging, stalling, and the engine light was on. On 5-15-10 my engine failed. I asked the Assistant Manager Melissa how that could happen; she said “I don’t know.” When I told the Service Manager Paul what had happened he said nothing. When I asked the Store Manager Brad how this could have happened he repeatedly kept saying, “I don’t know.” Are these the people you would trust to work on your car? I will never trust Pep Boys again. Don’t you or your family members visit give them any of your business.