Pep Boys / a good place to throw money away
I've just now read a lot of the pissed off at Pep Boys reviews. What can I add. I only wish that I'd read them before wasting money on a repair that wasn't necessary. The only thing that I can say about Pep Boys is that it's a good place throw money at pretend mechanics on your way to hiring a competent one.
My problem was a stalling car. It seemed like a problem that even the most amateur mechanic ought to diagnosis. After spending $140+ and making two trips to have them correct the problem they suggested that I take it somewhere else. The car of course broke down for good a few blocks after leaving Pep Boys. Then I had to pay for a tow to my dealers on top of the actual repairs on the fuel pump. You'd think that even the stupidest mechanic could check the fuel supply when the car stalls. Well, I now have a new set of plugs that probably weren't necessary. Maybe changing plugs is the only thing they know how to do.
More Pep Boys Complaints & Reviews
- Pep Boys - badtreatment of employees 
- Pep Boys - rip off 
- Pep Boys Auto - brake repair scam 
- Pep Boys - terrible service! 
- Pep Boys - “miscellaneous shop charge” is a scam 
- Pep Boys - retail store manager
- Pep Boys - overcharged for service
- Pep Boys - oil change - roanoke, tx
- Pep Boys - treatment of employees by management
- Pep Boys - oil change