Pep Boys / a good place to throw money away

I've just now read a lot of the pissed off at Pep Boys reviews. What can I add. I only wish that I'd read them before wasting money on a repair that wasn't necessary. The only thing that I can say about Pep Boys is that it's a good place throw money at pretend mechanics on your way to hiring a competent one.

My problem was a stalling car. It seemed like a problem that even the most amateur mechanic ought to diagnosis. After spending $140+ and making two trips to have them correct the problem they suggested that I take it somewhere else. The car of course broke down for good a few blocks after leaving Pep Boys. Then I had to pay for a tow to my dealers on top of the actual repairs on the fuel pump. You'd think that even the stupidest mechanic could check the fuel supply when the car stalls. Well, I now have a new set of plugs that probably weren't necessary. Maybe changing plugs is the only thing they know how to do.

Va

Comments

• Ha
      17th of Mar, 2009

pepboys has so called mechanics that are not even "ASE" certified. they hire back yard mechanics and have them work on your car. people look in any search engine in the internet and you will see how many people have complian about this company and their mechanics. don sorry you were a victim of this company dont worry they will soon go under, dont worry im making sure of that.