Pella / Poor customer service

North Kansas City, MO, United States Review updated:
Pella of Kansas City failed to provide the correct skylight flashings for my roof windows. After a long delay, they sent additional skylight flashings, and invoiced me for an additional $2625. I complained that the correct skylight flashings should have been in the original order since I discussed the roof type in detail with my Pella sales representative. Ultimately, I agreed to pay an extra $1000 for the skylight flashings in order to prevent futher delays to the project. Once the second set of flashing was received, my roofing contractor informed me that the second set of flashing was also incorrect. I attempted to return the incorrect flashings, but was informed by Pella of Kansas City that they would not take them back.

I contacted Pella Corporate to complain about the franchisee. In their correspondence Pella of Kansas City claimed that they discounted the flashing 100%. This was a blatant lie, and I produced evidence including the invoice for the flashings, to show that indeed they invoiced extra for the incorrect flashing. Pella Corporate decided not to take any actiion on my behalf. I don't know how Pella of Kansas City can feel right about how they resolved this issue, and I'm disappointed that Pella Corporate would tolerate such bad behavior from one of their independently owned franchises. As far as I'm concerned, it reflects poorly on their entire brand.
Va

Comments

Ab
  1st of Jul, 2010
I've experienced many problems with my Pella Architect Series Windows and Doors, including cladding problems, seal failure, spotting on the glass, rotting wood among other issues. These Pella windows and doors were installed throughout my house in 1995. Problems with the windows began less than 10 years after installation. Pella refuses to acknowledge these claims and my concerns have been met with TERRIBLE customer service. On my website, onlinelitigationdiscovery.com, you can see photos detailing the defects with my Pella windows and doors.

I've very interested in hearing other people's similar experiences with Pella. If you have had these problems with Pella, please go to my website, onlinelitigationdiscovery.com and tell me your similar experience so that we may educate consumers about this company. Thanks for your time! -A. Bailey

Pella Corporation Logo Pella Corporation