Pella / Poor customer service
Pella of Kansas City failed to provide the correct skylight flashings for my roof windows. After a long delay, they sent additional skylight flashings, and invoiced me for an additional $2625. I complained that the correct skylight flashings should have been in the original order since I discussed the roof type in detail with my Pella sales representative. Ultimately, I agreed to pay an extra $1000 for the skylight flashings in order to prevent futher delays to the project. Once the second set of flashing was received, my roofing contractor informed me that the second set of flashing was also incorrect. I attempted to return the incorrect flashings, but was informed by Pella of Kansas City that they would not take them back.
I contacted Pella Corporate to complain about the franchisee. In their correspondence Pella of Kansas City claimed that they discounted the flashing 100%. This was a blatant lie, and I produced evidence including the invoice for the flashings, to show that indeed they invoiced extra for the incorrect flashing. Pella Corporate decided not to take any actiion on my behalf. I don't know how Pella of Kansas City can feel right about how they resolved this issue, and I'm disappointed that Pella Corporate would tolerate such bad behavior from one of their independently owned franchises. As far as I'm concerned, it reflects poorly on their entire brand.
More Pella Complaints & Reviews
- Pella Windows and Doors - Pella windows are crap! 
- Lowe's Pella Windows - Lowe's window installation voids warranty 
- Pella Thermastar Windows - Caulking between glass panes 
- Pella Windows and Doors - Squeaky, leaky expensive windows! 
- Pella Designer Series Windows and Doors - poor quality/no customer service 
- Pella Corporation - traditional strombridge garage door 8 x 7
- Pella Corporation - windows and doors
- Pella Corporation - window screens
- Pella Corporation - single point accountability??? 
- Pella Corporation - water damage on the outside sheeting below the windows.