Peachtree Windows / Doorswarranty service stinks

F Review updated:

I purchase Peachtree windows and doors in 1993. The factory glazing has failed letting water in. By the time you notice this (there is no apparent signs of water between window, etc.), the wood is rotting. Although Peachtree changed the warranty language AFTER I purchased my windows to exclude wood rot, they refuse to do anything about my 7 windows which have failed because of bad workmanship (which appears to be common in this company). I would never buy anything else this company makes and I haven't finished with them yet - I plan to take my complaints as far as I can go. What about a class action suit? Someone needs to hold this company accountable for their "simple 14-word warranty" which apparently could be cut down to 11 words "We cover nothing, do not bother to file a warranty claim."

• A
      Oct 11, 2009

We have a Peachtree sliding patio door which has literally rotted from the outside completely through to the inside. This door was very expensive and new in 1999. Peachtree has decided not to stand behind it's product and will not do a thing about their rotting door. We are not the original purchaser of the door as it was installed by the previous owner to sell the house, however for the cost and this being their top of the line doors, we would think they would want to bend over backwards for their customers. Menards sells this brand and they are the ones in which we've dealt with on this matter. They have tried for us as well by going straight to their store rep, but to no avail. We evidently have not a leg to stand on here and will never buy their products in the future. We do want to alert the public to this issue as this door is a $1200.00 door and Peachtree will not stand behind or even help when a problem occurs. Go with something else when deciding on a patio door!