Paypal / unauthorized use of my credit card by paypal

2145 Hamilton AveSan Jose, CA, United States Review updated:

Paypal initiated shipment of an item I never purchased and they charged it to my Mastercard they have on record. Then Paypal notified a past seller on eBay to ship to me an item that I did not order/buy. I learned about this when the seller sent me an eMail that he shipped the merchandise. Paypal never admitted to the wrongdoing. I never authorized this transaction against my credit card. I requested the contact info to their CEO and they refused to provide it. I found the address and sent a letter addressed to their CEO, but he (or someone on his behalf) never replied. Paypal doesn't publish or provide ANY phone numbers to reach their senior management. While the seller refunded my money after I sent him back the merchandise, both the seller and I had to pay for shipping charges that were not refunded by Paypal.

Someone should audit Paypal's computer systems and the way this company misuses and abuses consumers' credit cards. In addition, no company should get away without pubishing and providing phone numbers for their executives.

I will never again use Paypal for payments and I hope that over time competition will take care of them.
Va

Comments

Fr
  7th of Nov, 2008
i have just been scamed for £145.00 a buyer brought an item from me with a credit card that wasnt theirs, and paid through paypal this was an instant payment so i had no reason to suspect anything, i sent the goods away to the confirmed address, then 1, wk later paypal informs me that it was an unauthorised payment, and froze the money, after several weeks of supplying necessary proof i won this claim and had the money returned to my accountm now several months later paypal have taken the money again calling it chargeback, the credit card company are asking for the money back for the rightful owner, surely i cant be liable for this, paypal should be held responsible, in a fact they have stolen my money, why should this happen i cant get any replys back from paypal all they say its being processed but that doesnt help me, please i hope someone here can give me some sound advice on how i stand, many thanks, frances evans,

PayPal Logo PayPal