Payless Car Rental — Car Rental Ripoff - DO NOT RENT FROM PAYLESS
I am 51 years old and have rented cars in many, many cities over the past 30+ years. Today I discovered that Payless Car Rental is the most corrupt organization that I have ever dealt with.
After my car broke down near Toronto I made an online reservation for Payless who, by far, advertised the best rate. What they don't tell you online is that they have an extra fee for a spouse and that there is a 200km/day limit for the rental.
Just before I even received the car, I discovered their fraud and then attempted to cancel the contract so that I could go to another company. Their "trusted" employee "Malik" refused to cancel the contract and, instead, told me that he was going to charge me for an entire week.
After complaining to Payless' national office (who promised to return a telephone call to me within 30 minutes) I finally received an e-mail trying to justify their fraudulent practices.
Bottom line -- do your best to avoid dealing with Payless. Their staff is obnoxious and their customer service is non-existant. I only wish that I would have had the sense to read all of the other online reviews prior to making the reservation.
More Payless Car Rental Complaints & Reviews
- Payless Car Rental - Fraudulent Repair Charges 
- Payless Car Rental - misleading advertising, old wrecked car, overcharged 
- Payless Car Rental - over charge repairs 
- Payless Car Rental - hidden geographic restrictions on ‘unlimited miles'
- Payless Car Rental - Unconscionable damage claim 
- Payless Car Rental - steal money from my credit card
- Payless Car Rental - chanrging money.
- Payless - Theives 
- Payless Car Rental - payless car rental
- Payless Car Rental - car rental customer service den airport location