Pampered Chef / Bridal Registry Return/Exchange Policy

United States, North Carolina, Raleigh Review updated:
Pampered Chef
I was very excited to realize when working on wedding registries that Pampered Chef had a wedding registry option. I registered for items that I would like to have from Pampered Chef and looked forward to receiving them. After all was said and done I realized that I had received duplicate items along the way. I was directed to the solution center for assistance. At this point my wedding is almost 3 months in the past I've completed my thank you cards and had put the duplicate items to the side so that I could contact you and work through exchanging them for other items that I registered for but did not receive. As you well know if the items had been purchased via my registry I would not have received duplicates b/c they would have been marked as received. Today while on the phone with a service representative I learned that I could not just exchange the item that I would have to know who purchased each item so that it could be researched to determine that it was purchased within the year OR it be looked up on the registry and verified. For the items I received I did not keep record of who presented me with the item nor was I given the invoice for the item. So at this point I am in possession of items that I do not need or want duplicates of and understand that your company will not be able to do anything to help me exchange them for items that I would rather have.

I must say that this process is less than customer friendly especially when it comes to receiving items as gifts. I am in no position to control items that are given to me or whether or not their invoice is received along with them. Asking for that information is borderline rude and yet your company has made this a policy in order to simply exchange the item for something a bride would rather have.

I would say to you that I will be writing a letter to The Knot which is used by many brides across the country to assist in planning to let them know how un-accommodating these processes and procedures are and how unhappy I am with your company.

At this point my dissatisfaction in you company will result in never again purchasing any pampered chef items and I will communicate my experiences to as many of your customers as possible.

1/22/2009 -- As a response to the above I received an email requesting the following information so that they could honor their "generous" product guarantee and verify the purchase

Your full name, address, and phone number
Order number
The Consultant’s name
The host’s name
The city and state the show was held
The date of the show

1/25/2009 -- I responded to the solution center explaining that I did not have that information and would not be able to obtain it...so far no result as I just sent the email.

Regardless of how it turns out -- everyone should be aware of the policies so that they know they should ask all that give them pampered chef as a gift for the list of information above so that they know you don't like their gift and/or don't it just so you can exchange it. -- VERY ANNOYING!!!

A  29th of Jan, 2010 by
I received a Christmas gift. PC could look up the address it was sent to, the shop number. So they could see where the gift came from and the party. All I wanted to do was exchange it. I never used it or opened it and it was less than a month from receiving it.

They wouldn't do it. I own hundreds of dollars of PC. That is the last item that will come in my house. I will never buy from them again.