[Resolved] O'Reilly Auto Parts / harassment

Monroe, NC, United States Review updated:

I am an employee at the #1808 store in Monroe, NC. The manager has hired two people who smoke and use profanity on more than a regular basis. It was made known that the language bothered me, but it continued. I began having unmanageable anxiety and depression. I had been under a doctor's care and was told I needed a note to return to work. I left his "return to work" note in the folded up envelope on my boss's desk, on a Sunday afternoon. I deliver parts and Sunday's aren't work days for drivers. My boss wouldn't put me on the schedule. Finally, I called corporate and talked to Sherri Jones about the run around I was receiving. I told her about the situation and I was offered full time employment by management in August of this year. August 31, 2015, I became a full time employee of O'Reilly Auto Parts along with another driver. Sherri Jones told me I was allegable for "leave of absence" or "medical leave" pay. She also told me, to go to my doctor and have them fax her a copy of the return note, that Nelson, claimed he didn't have it. David Hardin had left a message on my home phone wanting to talk to me. He also left a message on my cell phone. When I finally went back to work, I found out Nelson nor David change my employment status to full time. NO "LEAVE OF ABSENCE" PAY!!! I called Serri Jones and asked about this, she informed me that David had left a message telling me my schedule. I have a government cell phone that gives me minutes each month to use, but I ran out and didn't have the money to put minutes on the phone. I didn't get David's message until November 02, 2015. Timothy Shaw is, I was told, investigating matters of harassment and my employment status, but he has yet to talk to me. Fowl language is against policy at O'Reilly's, but not at this store.

• Resolution statement

This hasn't been resolved. I've tried to remove or delete this complaint, but have been unsuccessful. complaintsboard.com, will you please, delete my complaint?

Wh
Nov 16, 2015

Comments

• Wh
      Jan 28, 2016

Brandi Jordan is the person who is bullying and harassing me. She makes my job difficult, when before it was enjoyable. O'Reilly auto parts doesn't support my mental illness recovery, only Brandi Jordan. I think she has worked at other auto parts stores, but I don't know why she is at #1808. Her treatment of me when the bosses are away are very different than when they are there.
    It's a shame I believed their training videos on their policy's, because nothing much is true, at least in the harassment and support area.

• Wh
      Feb 26, 2016
    Best Best Advice

Still having to tolerate BRANDI JORDAN at store #1808 on Morgan Mill Road in Monroe, North Carolina. Tim Shaw, the investigator of complaint statements, pretty much told me I have to put up with her, but she is not to talk to me or inter act with me. Now, she has started standing in the small work area, in the back of the store. This area is where us parts drivers get our delivery information and communications. She's standing, blocking, the small path to the receipts board. Three times I had to say, "excuse me", to her and she barely moved. While Hector is telling me his directions, BRANDI JORDAN has started yelling or talking extremely loud and talking over us. She makes it difficult to hear what Hector is saying!

Since she has been instructed not to inter act nor talk to me, ya think things would be better, but no. SHE IS INTERFERING WITH MY JOB!!! She has started putting food in front the printer in the office, thus making the tiny office more cluttered with non work items.

According to O'Reilly's policy on harassment in the training, I am not suppose to be still putting up with this!

Feb 29, 2016

These posts are from Mary Rodgers and she's mentally ill. Brandi Jordan is my best friend and very good at her job. Mary refuses to take deliveries that are processed by Brandi. Mary doesn't like Brandi but Brandi has always been respectful to her elders. Personally I would have already spider moneyed Mary. Brandi has never blocked Mary's way, Brandi has never had food in the office, she eats in her truck or at my house on her break. Mary has caused her own issues but yet blames everyone else. She's a narcissist liar and not a friendly person. Mary needs to stop her lies!

• Wa
      May 11, 2016

Must be another O'Reilly employee!

• Wa
      May 11, 2016

Careful, you're going to make manager lover jealous. Best friend indeed!