Orchard Bank / How to handle the phone calls!
If you are reading this, it is probably because you don't want to be called by these people again. You may be late in payment and that is why they call you. They act like they know you and say (for example) "John? John Smith? Hello?" on an answering machine or if you actually pick it up, they sometimes do not speak and they hang up or they will get rude with you. And this can, and most of the times will, happen SEVERAL times within just one day!
Well one thing some fear would be to get a machine that you can hook up to your phone to record the phone calls and simply tell them at the beginning of the phone call "I will be recording this conversation" because by law you MUST tell them you are recording it if you are. But, who's to say you aren't really recording it but tell them you are? *hint hint* Most of the time it freaks them out and they won't want to talk so they hang up!
If that doesn't budge them, simply state that under the FDCPA (Fair Debt Collection Practices Act) it is illegal to be calling several times a day and you will be reporting them if it continues to go on. And under Section 5:7 it states "A debt collector may not engage in any conduct the natural consequence of which is to harass, oppress, or abuse any person in connection with the collection of a debt. Without limiting the general application of the foregoing, the following conduct is a violation of this section:... Causing a telephone to ring or engaging any person in telephone conversation repeatedly or continuously with intent to annoy, abuse, or harass any person at the called number."
Just thought to help, I was able to get them to stop calling and keep us off of any "list" they have.
Goodluck to you all!
More Orchard Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Capital One Auto Finance - scam and cheating! 
- Capital One - unreasonable account restrictions 
- Capital One Auto Finance - terrible experience 
- Capital One Credit Card Company - fraud business practices! 
- Capital One - terrible service and company in hole 
- Capital One Financial Corporation - customer service
- Capital One Financial Corporation - card services
- Capital One Financial Corporation - capital one personal credit card
- Capital One World Elite Mastercard - credit card fraud
- Capital One Financial Corporation - credit card