Orchard Bank / avoid them

1 United States

I have been living in Thailand for over 3 years. We came over here with an Orchard Bank credit card and told them we were moving here. After 2 weeks here, we tried to use the card and it was declined. Every single time we have tried to use it (over 30), it has been declined due to high security risk and we have to call so the transaction can go through. This is very inconvenient and the last time we tried, we called first and tried to pre-authorize the transaction we would be making in the next ten minutes and the rep said it would be fine. We used the card, declined again, and we called. They said we would have to wait an hour until the security department got in. That doesn't work when you are at a restaurant. This is absolutely the worst card I have ever had. I emailed customer service with this complaint and their response was to call Orchard Bank credit customer service, which I have done over 30 times. AVOID THIS CARD IF YOU PLAN ON USING IT OUTSIDE THE U.S. WORST INTERNATIONAL CARD EVER!!!

Ma