Oral Aesthetic Advocacy Group, Inc. / Dental grant

3 Newark, NJ, United States Review updated:

I submitted a form to request a cosmetic dental grant, I received an email almost immediately and then was called at about 7:30 pm and then received a second email, I called back and I was called the next day at approximately 10:00 am. I spoke with Courtney and she told me that I qualified for the grant and that I would get a free evaluation but that I would have to provide my debit or credit card information for a charge of 50.00 in case I miss out on the dentist appointment, Courtney then advised that the grant won't pay the full implant procedure and that I would have to pay the majority of the procedure. I advised would not provide with my personal bank information and she advised that unfortunately my case would be closed. I consider this to be a scam because it's false advertisement. The phone number to this company is [protected] ext 2221. They are steeling people's money that is what they are doing.

Ca
Oct 7, 2016

More Oral Aesthetic Advocacy Group, Inc. Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Pv
      24th of Apr, 2017

I just received the same thing happen to me.
    Here is the email I sent and response:

If you had recorded my conversation with me, then you can provide that for the investigation as I never agreed to the x-ray fee of $50.00 at the time I agreed to provide my debit card info. The rep. who arranged the appointment stated that it is only to hold to confirm the free consultation appointment and I would not be charged the $50.00, unless I miss the appointment. I did not miss the appointment. I was never informed that I would be charged the X-ray fee at the appointment or after the appointment. In fact, the rep. that provided me the summary estimate stated that the consultation appointment is free through the CDG.org.

I just found a link to similar complaints with Cosmetic Dental Grant org. that I found at the complaint board and elsewhere. This is a problem with your organization that has received several complaints of the same issue that I just experienced, and it is enough proof for a major investigation.

You cannot deceive people and ask for my bank card information to hold the free consultation appointment, and then use the bank card information to charge for the digital images taken at the consultation appointment, without my written authorization.

Can you provide the written authorization where I signed and authorized for my bank card to be charged $50.00 to pay for the X-RAY FEE. If you recorded my conversation with you to confirm the date and time of the appt. and you requested my debit card at the time to confirm the FREE CONSULTATION APPT. And you had stated on the phone that my card will not be charged for a fee, unless I miss the appointment.

Hence, I need to be refunded for the $50.00 fee that was charged against my bank account using my debit card on Feb. 23, 2017 immediately.

If you refuse to refund me the fee and I do not get refunded within the next 3 business day, I will do what is necessary to have this resolved legally and file a formal complaint for an investigation of your operation on this matter.
    From: Applicant Assistance
    Sent: Monday, April 24, 2017 12:04 PM
    To: Maire Preciosa Viloria; ls@smileselectdental.com; Parimal Kansagra
    Subject: Re: Booking Confirmation

Hello Maire,

You received the program orientation on Jan 23, 2017, and we record all of our conversation of accuracy and training purposes. As per our website and during the program orientation, you were explained that the $50 credit card deposit which was voluntarily given by you, would be applied towards your mandatory $50 x-ray fee. The x-ray fee is non-refundable.

Paula

Cc. Smile Select Dental (Los Alamitos)

On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 12:26 AM, Maire Preciosa Viloria wrote:

Dear Teresa Lopez:

I'm forwarding the email that you sent me to confirm the free consultation that I went to on Feb. 22, 2017 at 3:00pm at the dental office that you arranged and chose for me to go.

This email indicates that this consultation was free.

So, I am confused why this dental office charged me $50.00 for the free consultation on Feb. 23, 2017 against my debit card. I never provided an authorization for the $50.00 to be charged after I went to the consultation appointment.

I need the $50.00 that was charged against my checking account to be refunded back immediately.

Debit Charge description by Smile Select Dental on:
    Feb 23, 2017 Signature POS Debit 0223 CA 09093957576 KANSAGRA LOS ALAMITO SEQ# 571163 -50.00

Sincerely,

• Ro
      24th of May, 2018

Maire Preciosa Viloria, Thank you for posting this exchange with the dental care provider. Yu have just saved me a lot of precious time going down the same "rabbit hole."
    SJZ San Clemente, CA

• Vi
      2nd of Jul, 2018

@Rokitlady yes they are definitly full of it. I went to my consult after being told i was approved for a partial payment but it did not apply to their specials at the dentist. to funny i smelled scam at the dental office the dental offices they go through are in cahoots also

• Sy
      20th of Aug, 2018

@Rokitlady This is the biggest scam. I told them I had insurance coverage for my x-rays and Robyn said we don't accept insurance coverage. Really? I said and I don't pay for anything that my insurance covers. How stupid would that be.

• Sw
      27th of Sep, 2018

I just filled up and got a call when she told me I need to give a deposit I told her right away if I can give it on the day of my appointment but she said I cannot so I went to the internet and check how come they need a deposit I’m glad reading this report they cannot scam me