Onida / WORST EXPERINCE WITH ONIDA TV and SERVICE

1 India Review updated:

Sub : Trouble with 29” Oxygen TV.

Sir,

I have purchased ONIDA CTV -29” Oxygen Serial No.4002477, from Surya Electronics, Shop No. 5, Osia Market, Chikhali Road, Sambhaji Nagar, Chinchwad, Pune 19 on 12-09-2004, invoice no.8728 for Rs.23000/-. (Now shop shifted in Kasturi Plaza, on opposite side).

I prefered ONIDA as I normally prefer the good quality branded items. Now the “NEIGHBORS’ ENVY, OWNER’S PRIDE “, has become, “NEIGHBORS’ AMUSEMENT & OWNER’S i.e. MY HEAD ACHE”. Within warranty period it was repaired twice and twice thereafter. Once I spent about Rs.1600/- in Sep 2006. Last time in March 2007, after argument of providing bad services, with the Surya Electronics and the Service Centre at Chinchwad, I got the repairs free, when it was orally assured that “hereafter there would not be any Problem”. And just within 7 months in Oct 2007, TV stopped working. The complaint registered No.[protected] dated 8th Oct 2007. I insisted that “I can not pay regularly about Rs.1600/- every six month for keeping my TV in working condition.” The complaint is not yet attended.

I will not now prefer repairing my so called high brand Co. TV set, which I am sure is a Technically faulty piece, though it should have been replaced within the warranty period. Presently I am using my old 21” BPL TV purchased in April 1990, without a single repair till todate, keeping along side your faulty 29” non-working TV set. This position explains the quality of your Brand.

I insist that you should take back your faulty TV set as your moral responsibility and in good faith, replace it with non-faulty TV set. In any case I shall not get the TV repaired.

Thanking you, in anticipation,

Yours truly, most unsatisfied customer,

Amol R. Kulkarni

A

Comments

• Is
      19th of May, 2007
    Ankit Electronics - New AC not cooling
    India

I have purchased a split AC of 1.5 TR from Ankit Electronics, RP Road, hyderabad (it used to be an Onida Arcade earlier) and on the strong recommendation of the owner ended up buying the same. The distance between my room unit and the outside unit is less than 3 metres and the room in which the machine is fitted is just 155 SFT. Since the day its installed the room temp does not go below 27 degrees (when outside is around 39 degrees cen and the supply temp never goes below 13 degrees.

2 times we have called the service person from Onida to check the problem. The 1st technician came without even a tem gouge and the 2nd one who came said that this is the lowest that the machine is capable of cooling.

I have since then tried to find out someone senior in Onida to tell him about my problem but to no avail. Its been a big mistake buying this brand.

I shall not allow this organization to dupe people like this. I shall for sure take them to the court if my problem does not get resolved.

• He
      18th of Nov, 2007
    onida television (old model) - EHT
    India

While controling the brightness or contrast controlor changing the channel,sound like sparking comming from EHT

• Rs
      3rd of May, 2008

I purchased an ONIDA Hydrologic Washing Machine. The shock absorber was changed after repeated calls by your Madurai Service Agent. Now the Cold Water Valve is not working and the Service Person saw it and promised to come and it is more than a month nothing has been done, I also rang up your Madurai Agent. I am exasperated wtih the type of response to Customer Call and regret that I had gone into ONIDA only because I am a shareholder.

• Ka
      30th of Jul, 2008

sir we purchase onida tv (180 surround) from Classic modi arcade, jodhpur, rajasthan. since purchase problem with my tv. IC Number TDA9307ps/n3/a/1717 destroy so many time. but your service engineer not recognize that problem.. and gurranty is expire but my tv set not work.. please consider that problem as early as possible and repair my tv with company cost. and your suggestion also send by mail..

regard

25th of Aug, 2008
    Onida - Colour Patches
    Onida
    India

I purchased Onida Oxygen 350 series 29" colour TV on 27th of July. Within 3 days, it started showing round colour patches. I lodged a complaint with customer care of Onida (complaint no. 76381066) and on 1st of August, they took the TV to their workshop.

Till date, I am calling everyday and they are telling that they are waiting for spare.

Since the TV is brand new, I am asking for total replacement, but there is no answer from them.

I feel, the company itself is worst and their customer care is totally waste.

Thanks

Venkatesan

• Dr
      17th of Sep, 2008

I have purchased ONIDA CTV-29" Oxygen ao dt.29/9/2007 after 6 month the colour spectrum seen on Right upper corner of the set, your service centre personel at nal stop office said it is because tv set may be falled, but no single scratch or marking on tv set seen but he doing nothing also calling lot of times to Mr.Milind Gaiekwad & Mr.Suhas Shinde who are manager are not taking any action or not reply what steps they have taken.I also sent written complaint by RPAD 2 times, after that I also launched complaint on ONIDA website but till date they are not taking any action for repairing my tv set, I actually very bad experience by your brand tv set and in future me or any my friend not going to take your any product .It is your Responibility that exchange your faulty tv set to make your name and reputation in market .,

Your very Unsatisfied customer

Dr.Savita Bhalsakle

• Sn
      5th of Oct, 2008

I am staying at Liliah. I had purchased ONIDA Candy model 14" during 2001-2002. It starts giving problem after 3 years & it seems that there is some problem with the memory programme. To solve the problem we contact ONIDA company several times for repair. One service engineer from Tollygung has visited and without inspecting properly he told us to purchase new mother board. He refused to provide us the contact number saying that it is against company's rule.

I would prefer buying other brand than Onida in future.

• Se
      17th of Feb, 2009

i am seenu . i living pallikaranai my phone number; 9841135007
    i purchased onida flat 29inches . in the screen of our tv little line is there. past one or 2 month in the probelum is there.

• Jn
      10th of Jul, 2009

owr oven is not working

• St
      14th of Aug, 2009
    Onida - Terrible quality products
    Onida
    onida.com

I have purchased onida A/c 2 nos. one is 1 ton and other is 1.5 ton. the first one is working well.

The second one 1.5 ton after a month purchase when compressure unit on current shock comes in the wall and window. the same was complient and rectificed after three days. even after the same problem occured after a 20 days and complient given is not yet rectified.

when purchasing AC the service advertisement the man power utilized is well but after purchae the service man handlilng the case is we have more AC sale and complients but we don't have a man power to attend immediately.

We really appreciate Onidia is getting good revenue only for selling AC not for service after sale.

please strengthen your teem to attend like this problems immeidately.

Nobody take care even i have given information to mumbai team, chennai team and a special officer.

• 0 Votes

Dear sir,
    I had purchased one ONIDA COLOUR T.V. in hospet. on 01-Feb-2009.

That model is 29 oxygen. Model Num.CO290XFSC Serial Num.8J 4006414.

Now no one picture and sound has not come.
    So i could not seeing any picuture.

since I purchased 6 months not yet complete.

Kindly solve that problem, because, my family is so regrett about the T.V. problem.
    As i hope Onida is a Very big company in Television. In that showroom so many TV'S are there, though i want only your company.
    Pl solve that problem,

I hope.your action.
    I have the one year warranty card.

Dear sir,
    I handover My TV Circuit Board to Your service centre staff . He is coming from Davangere .
    Pl consider as Free of cost. I am very interest to purchase your company product, because ONIDA is popular in TV product.
    But it was problem just five months from the purchase date.
    My TV was burned in the circuit just six month since purchase.
    I dont know how it was burned.
    really it wass Manufacturing defect.So i request you kindly make the repair that board or new one.
    I expected only free of cost.

But Your service staff asking Rs.3, 000 for new circuit board,
    I do not pay any cost, because warranty period is being to me.

This is for my request.

purchased details.
    PRABHAT ELECTRO VISION.
    Gandhi Chowk Circle, Hospet - 583 201.
    TIN No.29350239167
    CST No.86989730
    Date of Purchase : 01-Feb-2009
    Bill No.2014

My house address.

K.SHEIK ABDULLAH
    C/o, Mr.Prasad (Canara Bank)
    Kasthuri bai niwas,

6th of Dec, 2009
    Onida - not functioning
    teacher

Dear Sir,
    I'm Nukesh. I'm from Andhra Pradesh.I've called the service centre which is in Hyderabad many a times today. Since the phone has not been lifted, I'm launching a complaint here.I've been using Onida mobile model no F850.I dont have any complaints regarding the functioning of the cell phone till I have got a problem very recently of IMEI number.Though it is dual SIM phone, It has only one IMEI number.Hence, I sent and got approved through my first SIM which is a BSNL number.Iam receiving and able to make calls from my first SIM.But as I thought my phone has been approved by BSNL authorities, it not necessary to be approved by IDEA network which my second SIM.Now the second SIM which is an Idea is not working due to failure of Registration of the IMEI number through the second service provider.
    Thus I'm very much inconvenient with this new development.Would you please help me in this regard.I'm available at 9440894440.I eagerly wait for your response.
    Thanks&Regards,
    NUKESH

• Ra
      23rd of May, 2010
    Onida - new ac not working
    kay dee electronics
    India

i purchased a new ac on April 4th 2010 and just after 1 month its control box and it gas cylinder stop working i have already complain about this 3 times and all the 3 times i got different complain number but its very pity to say that after 2 weeks no one has visited to checked it out..i m really pissed off very time they pick up the phone make different excuses .i guess i should really apologize that i bought Onida ac.

i will suggest another customer not to buy Onida product ever in life and pass this message to others!!!

• Rv
      6th of May, 2011
    Air-conditioner - Cheating with fake promises in ads.
    ONIDA
    response@onida.com

Air-conditioner 1.5 tonnes, purchased on Jan 14, 2008, stopped effecting cooling. Reported to Onida service center. A technician came in to confirm the complaint and took away Rs.400/- No receipt was given. When checked with his superior, was told that he had forgotten to bring the receipt book! After repeated follow-up the machine was taken and returned after 15 days, and conveyance Rs.400/- waterwash Rs 700/- gas filling Rs 2, 250 was collected. Within two days, the machine had promptly stopped working. on 21.4.2011, vide complaint no. 11046466380946 was lodged. Earlier job no. 80524. No action is being taken till date. Will the authorities wake up from the deep slumber sleep, as the mercury is soaring 42 deg. If they are competent to handle, they should refuse in the first place, so that we can take the help of road-side mavericks!

• Su
      1st of Jun, 2011
    Onida - Service - No response on complaint
    ONIDA
    India

I have booked a complaint that my split AC is not working around 30 days back. In that 30 days period, I have called many times to customer care center to know the status of my ticket. They said that "we escalated your ticket and will be getting a call from technician very soon" all the time but no use and nothing was happened till now. I never saw this kind of service in my life and finally got frustration and depression only.

• Ar
      12th of Jul, 2011

mera onida ky thunder tvlu main kuch time tak to sound aati hai magar kuch time baad usme alarm light blinking karne lagti our sound chali jaati hai reopen karne par phir sound aa jaati hai baar -2 yahi hota hai.please send engineer my home. mobile no.09412644125, 09758307029

• Ar
      13th of Jul, 2011

mera mo no.09412644125, 9758307029, 9058241932, 9837637725, 9927749870.

• Na
    Onida - unsatisfying service
    Onida LCD

Hello
    its too difficult to accept esteemed company like Onida as recruited such cheater service man..we have Onida DVD system..we had called a serviceman from Vashi(navi mumbai) to check..that sick man did not do anything didnt even touch the system & charged an elderly lady(my mom) 250 rupees & promised will deliver requirement later..& obvious never turned up..please stop doing this to your consumers who believes in you..

• Sh
      6th of Sep, 2011

very poor service unsatisfied service.my cmplaint for washing machine for last 30 days.we called a serviceman and he checked the machine.he said come next saturdaychanged the part but he did not come for last three weeks.iam regular complaint in office but he or she cannot reply any thing.my address is (a-12 a mahinru enclave delhi)

• Sh
      6th of Sep, 2011

onida washing machine sevice centre is very poor service