Olive Garden / waitress did not ask me for dessert.

United States Review updated:

My husband, my 13 year old son and my nine year old daughter and I went to your restaurant. I wanted to take some food home for leftovers so I asked for a take out case. My husband and son ordered dessert and the kids menu came with a kid's dessert. My waitress almost left when I told her I wanted a dessert. She thought that I did not want a dessert because I was full. Just wanted to leave some room for dessert. What did I do when this happened.

Did I

a. Start yelling at her for ignoring me.
b. Asked to speak to the manager and tell him to fire her right then and there.
c. put her in front of a firing squad.
d. have her shipped to Iraq to be beheaded
e. demanded a free dessert
f. Demanded a gift card and thrown a fit when I just got free dessert gift card
g. demanded a gift card and complained when it was only $25
h Simply told her nicely that I also want dessert.

I did "h" of course.

You may be wondering why I am posting this review.

Well most of the people would pick either "a" "b" 'e" "f" or "g""(and if they could c or d) but simply acknowledging that you want dessert got the problem solved then and there. I ask you why make a big deal over something that can be easily solve with saying.

"excuse me can I get some dessert too"

I have seen lots of complaints on here that can easily be solved by just doing that.

Ol
Apr 01, 2013

Comments

• Gr
      Apr 01, 2013

Well written prodigy of a review. And Yeah I have seen many members of this site do exactly as you are stating rather than choice "h". This just shows you if you do the logical thing you will get your problem solve then and there. Many people who complain would have gotten angry rather than simply being polite.

• Mi
      Apr 01, 2013

You can have people shot in the US? We can't do this in Canada.

• Ro
      Apr 02, 2013

Maybe she thought you were to fat and should skip dessert for a change.

• Ol
      Apr 02, 2013

Come on now rockandroll, that was uncalled for, after all I only need to sit on four of their chairs side by side, well three if I can tuck myself in.

• Th
      Apr 12, 2014

The kids menus does NOT come with a free dessert genious

Never has ~ Read the menu and stop your whining