Old Navy / store was not open as advertised

1 Vancouver, WA, United States Review updated:

Old Navy advertised they would be opening at 12am November 25 at Westfield Shoppingtown Center in Vancouver WA. I arrived at midnight and the doors were locked. There were other people also trying to get into the mall. We all stood outside at the locked doors until the Security Guard came. He said that Old Navy will be opening at 4am. We were all upset, we all drove down there to shop at Midnight and the doors were locked. They had advertised on the Old Navy web-site the Black Friday hours opening at Midnight.

I ended up driving to Jantzen Beach Oregon Store and by the time I arrived the store line to get in was wrapped around the building. I also tried calling the Old Navy store at Westfield and there was no answer, not even an answering machine. I then called the Jantzen Beach store and they answered and were helpful.

I'm disappointed about the false advertisement and also that I did not get the items that I had arrived early for to get. Many customers were also disappointed.

Amy

Comments

• Ps
      29th of Nov, 2010

I was upset at Old Navy's advertisement about the free Kinect Dance Central game when you spent $25. Never saw the fine print in their ad that only 30 people who got wristbands would receive the free game! Stood in line for over 2 hours in the freezing cold only to find out this nonsense!

• Fo
      19th of Mar, 2011

If you have any issues or concerns regarding advertising posted online or in-store, please don't hesitate to call the store relations department or online and they will certainly be willing to work with you or come up with a compromise if your claim is legitimate.

In regards to the fine print: Every company has fine print so when the company is told that that is false advertising, there is no proof to that claim. I highly recommend that customers do indeed read the fine print even though it is a painstaking process.