Old Navy / stretch jeans came apart in the front

Ithaca, NY, United States Review updated:
Over the course of a year or so, I have three or four pairs of Jeans from Old Navy. Of the ones I've bought, 2 of them, within a month of wearing, started to pull apart at the front seam (underneath the zipper). It was not from wear and tear--it just started to come apart, like the fabric wasn't strongly woven enough to stay together. And the longer I wore it, the worse it got, and soon I had a big hole along the front seam near the zipper. The first time it happened, I thought it might be just a one time thing, so I bought another pair of the same type, but that pair came apart as well. It was just that one style of jeans I bought (regular stretch boot cut), though, that did it. The other pair I bought lasted me for a good year before wearing out.
Va

Comments

Br
  27th of Oct, 2008
Did you ever take the pants back to the store and let them know what had happened? If Old Navy doesn't ever hear that an item is defective they can't fix it. I'm certain that they would have been happy to allow you to exchange the item for another pair of pants that wouldn't fall apart on you.
Le
  10th of Apr, 2009
I also bought a pair of the Diva jeans they have. after a month of wearing them i noticed a small tear right under my butt cheek after a while of wearing them it starting to tear to the point where i can t wear them anymore. i dont have the receipt, and i think i paid with my card (not sure) what can i do? i feel for the price i paid these jeans should last me at least a year!!! i have a pair of $20 jeans i got at Filenes bsmt that i have had for over a year and they are still going!! any suggestions?

Old Navy Logo Old Navy