Office Max / 14 day return policy!

1 Algonquin, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 630.575.6100

I purchased a chair from Office Max and only 17 days after the purchase a wheel breaks off. I try to take the chair back or get a replacement wheel and they tell me that I am outside the window for the return policy. They only allow you to return something inside of 14 days. YES! I have my receipt. Most major stores allow at least 30days if not more. I will not shop at office max anymore.

Comments

Ea
  24th of Aug, 2009

Read the chair warranty. Wheels aren't covered. I'll bet when you purchased the chair they practically begged you to get the extended warranty, and most likely explained that the wheels are't covered under manufacturers warranty, but definitely covered under extended warranty. The extended warranty most likely $11 - $19.99. Go purchase set of 4 replacment wheels and it will cost approx $36.99. When the sales associate tries to explain the extended warranty, so many customers laugh and think that he/she is just trying to rip them off. Then something happens that isn't covered, and they accuse everyone of being a crook. So go ahead and pay your $30 for replkacement wheels.

Go
  7th of Jan, 2010

I too had a run in with the Office Max 14 day return policy. I bought two label makers as gifts, with the intent to return the one she didn't want. I had my original receipt and the package was unopened. Only during my return transaction was I informed of the 14 day policy and now I am stuck with store credit. Will not be shopping at Office Max again.

Go
  15th of Jan, 2010

Follow up from my complaint: Both the store manager and assistant store manager have called and informed me that the associate was incorrect and the holiday return policy is 14 days after Christmas, not 14 days from date of purchase. I will be issued a full refund.