Office Depot / fraud and scam

I purchased a Gateway laptop from Office Depot for a birthday present. Office depot offered $125.00 instant rebate and another $125.00 mail in rebate. I copied the receipt for myself and filled out the original receipt with my name and address, etc. and mailed it to the Office Depot specified on the receipt.

Well, in less than a week the laptop quit working, it wouldn't power on at all. I was under the assumption that I could return this non-working computer for an exchange, but that was not the case. First off, the store manager told me that because the receipt I had was a copy, (I sent in the original for a rebate) they couldn't help me (I can't believe it!) Second, there was not another laptop like the one I purchased so they couldn't exchange it. And they frankly told me to call Gateway, because they couldn't do anything to help me.

I can't believe that a company can stay in operation with these principles. Their customer service is the pitts! They only want your money and that's all. Please people, don't do business with this organization.

Na

Comments

• Ro
      6th of Aug, 2009

office needs to go out of business kids run the place managers need to learn how to handle problems, , , , all the bosses are hidden buy phone #s that are made to hide them fyrthur buy asking third letter from the 25th day of november on his birthday, , , its all a way of hidding so they dont have to live up to their lies all of us need a class action law suit to put an end to office depot my name is robert tiller 561 697 2802 im going on local television next week local news chanel but i dont want to stop there lets get together and go after these crooks

6th of Aug, 2009

PLEASE lets get together and go after thes crooks office depot

6th of Aug, 2009

sr citizen ederly abuse this is a serious group maybe they can help straight out office dopot

• Od
      10th of Apr, 2011

you should have sent the copy of the receipt not the original.

other then that they should have let you exchange the computer
    unless it was special order.