Office Depot / fraud and scam
I purchased a Gateway laptop from Office Depot for a birthday present. Office depot offered $125.00 instant rebate and another $125.00 mail in rebate. I copied the receipt for myself and filled out the original receipt with my name and address, etc. and mailed it to the Office Depot specified on the receipt.
Well, in less than a week the laptop quit working, it wouldn't power on at all. I was under the assumption that I could return this non-working computer for an exchange, but that was not the case. First off, the store manager told me that because the receipt I had was a copy, (I sent in the original for a rebate) they couldn't help me (I can't believe it!) Second, there was not another laptop like the one I purchased so they couldn't exchange it. And they frankly told me to call Gateway, because they couldn't do anything to help me.
I can't believe that a company can stay in operation with these principles. Their customer service is the pitts! They only want your money and that's all. Please people, don't do business with this organization.
More Office Depot Complaints & Reviews
- Office Depot - this is regarding our return policy (i'm an od employee) 
- Office Depot - scam tech services 
- Office Depot/ Protection Plan - failure to honor the plan on a timely basis 
- Office Max - Max Assurance Service Contract - worst service ever: no assurance at officemax's max assurance 
- Office Depot Recycle Scam - ink cartridge recycle scam 
- Office Depot - charged for 512gb ssd (2x) sent 256gb ssds twice - mistake or fraud?
- Office Depot - services/products
- Office Depot - customer service
- Office Depot - hp laptop acquired at your store less than a year ago in tucson off irvington
- Office Depot - charged for desk, order canceled without knowledge and not delivered