Ocwen / terrible experience

I am reading all of your posts. I would post my story, but it would be more of the same. I have been seeing other remedies to our ocwen mortgage nightmare. Ocwen counts on us not having the funds to obtain an attorney when they screw us over. I believe the only way we will get ocwen held accountable for their scandalous behavior is if we all come together.

Pissed consumer seems to be deleting contact information so please try contacting me through www.Sgtpile.com. This is our business website. Hopefully it will work. I will be happy to give you the direct contact information the the ombudsman we worked with.

Va

Comments

• Di
      1st of Nov, 2008

Will there be a class action lawsuit? If so, please contact me soon. I do not trust Ocwen at all.

Thank you.

• It
      25th of Sep, 2009

I'm surprised that the licensing bureau in each state where they do business hasn't shut them down already. We had them for a previous refinance and had nothing but problems. Granted we should have read some of the fine print on the 50 page loan documents, so I accept some responsibility for getting burned the first time. Lesson learned. We swore we would never work with them again.

Unfortunately, when CountryWide collapsed guess who ended up servicing our loan. Immediately they started breaking laws and violating the terms of our loan agreement.

When we lost 40% of our household income, we had contacted CountryWide immediately. We setup a documented (signed) modified repayment schedule that allowed us to miss a couple of payments and pay extra to put us back on track within a couple of months. We were on schedule and meeting the terms of the schedule when CountryWide went under. Ocwen took over the loan and completely ignored the modified schedule. They forced us into foreclosure even though we were meeting the terms of the contract. They did offer to refinance our mortgage at a higher rate claiming that, "Obama doesn't want us to lose our home". Give me a break! Under threat of a pending Sheriff's sales we paid the "fine" and pulled the home from foreclosure.

Under the written terms of the mortgage, we pay all insurance and taxes. Ocwen decided to put them back in escrow, charging us a fee for not having enough escrow and raising our payments by $200/month. By chance, that new payment now required us to purchase PMI (pure profit for them). We are still fighting this latest illegal action.

They are far too powerful to deal with individually. Frankly, I'm not sure that a class action will get the job done. We need to lobby the state licensing boards to shut them down. If they can't do business in any state, no one else will have to suffer.