NWPCO National Water and Power Services / BIlling

1 Salinas, CA, United States Review updated:

Excessive billing for usage of credit card called "expedited payment fee". Have complained to business but was advised to use another method if I did not want to pay online. I dont think I should have to mail a check if the convienace is there to use my Visa credit card. Each month being billed $2.50. They also seem to try and slip in ion the bill the expedited service fee to make you think it needs ot be paid. Why is this needed in the amounts that you owe? No assistance. I have also contacted my bank which seems not to help. I pay the 2.50 becuase by the time I recieve the bill, its too late to mail a check. I paid a via check a few times online but it takes a week to post which may cause a late fee. Need help please. Thanks.

Tr

Comments

Hu
  1st of Apr, 2009

Their computation for water billing is based on fantasy. It has no relation to the amount of water you've used.

Their customer service department representatives are rude and totally useless. When you try to get to the raw numbers that are used to bill, they treat it like its a top secret number that can't be revealed. I think their methodology is flawed.

Jo
  1st of Oct, 2009

Worst utility company ever.

Jo
  1st of Oct, 2009

I totally agree, they enlisted me in their "ebilling" service and its a complete joke. At first my emails ended up in junk mail, then not at all... ended up getting a threatening letter to pay my bills + late fees when they are the ones who don't bill me... it's not my obligation to invoice myself. Absolutely ridiculous.

Tr
  6th of Nov, 2009

I am also forced to use NWP at an apartment in Irvine, CA. Bills arrive with limited remaining time to pay. Billing date varies, may move a whole week. High late penalties and credit card usage fees. Phone operators were rude. Other than the rudeness which accomplishes nothing, I believe the explanation of remaining issues is completely obvious. Besides the $3 monthly fee for sending me a bill, these extra fees are a significant income source for them, and short notices and moving dates increases the chance of a late payment. I can only think the apartment owners must be profiting as well otherwise why would they make their tenants deal with a company like this one? Is it the only billing service around? Also misleading is their name. "National Water and Power". Trying to sound like they are a legitimate public utility...for the whole nation!

Vg
  16th of Mar, 2018

Regarding admin fees, imposed by NWP:
NJ State Department of Community Affairs classifies Administrative Fees for any recipient of "Section 8" as illegal -
"In reviewing the billing format it shows that an "Administrative Service Fee" is being charged along with the gas usage. Please be aware that this fee is not allowed and must be removed from the bill. If it is found that this charge si being used, the owners will be liable for an assessment of a civil penalty and may be forced to reimburse these fees to all billed parties." (letter is sent from Section 8 to landlord on May 16, 2017) New Jersey State.