Nutrisystem / Unauthorized charge

1 Haverhill, MA, United States Review updated:

Be carefull!!! I ordered what I thought was a 30 day supply. Well, it was but I never asked for a second month. About 3 weeks into my origional order I noticed a charge to my credit card for a second month. I tried to cancel but they told me the order was already shipped. I spoke to a very rude woman who sounded like she was probably in India. I asked to speak with her supervisor and she refused to give me one. She told me they all went home for the day. With the way she spoke to me she probably wasn't lying because, one would hope that the way she was talking to me a supervisor would have stopped her. And about the meals they are very small and you will lose weight through starvation! I really am considering not buying anything again online since they just charge you without any notice, a phone call would have been nice. I have 4 children and I have to take care of them, now this week is going to be extremly tough for me because I only have $70. for the week...Thanks a lot Nutrisystem! When I told the Nutrisytem rep on the phone that she said well at least they won't go hungry!!! I feel so violated right now. The meals are small enough for my children I guess. This is just not right!

Comments

• Lo
      26th of Jan, 2009

On January 2, 2009 I ordered a 5-week supply of Nutrisystem diet plan food, the cost of this is $335.82. When I received my statment from my credit card company there was an additional charge of $380.82. Apparently this last amount was an error on Nutrisystems part. I contacted Nutrisystem immediately and have since spoken - in the past week - to several staff members trying to correct this. Even Faxed a copy of my credit card statement. So far I have spoken to several people at Nutrisystem all promising this will be corrected immediately. So far no refund was sent to my credit company. They are a large international company and this is an unacceptable way of doing business.

Lola Raduly,
    Vancouver, BC. Canada

• Ph
      30th of Mar, 2010

The food is terrible---causes diarrhea and stomach cramps. Looks and tastes awful almost slimy in texture. The "snack" items like "pretzels" and chips are not fit for human consumption.

• Di
      26th of Mar, 2011

This happened to me, also. I ordered the one month program, nothing was said about being automatically charged each month. I called to cancel upon receiving an e-mail about my next month's order (I had actually GAINED weight on this program and wanted to cancel). The woman I spoke with was somewhat rude, and said it was all there "under the terms and conditions" that I had to do two month's worth before I could cancel, or they would charge me $52.00. She transferred me to a voicemail, I left a message saying I am going to be contacting the BBB. I am pretty upset about this, and pretty disappointed with a company I had come to believe was reputable. It's not. Buyer, beware.