NTB / car almost flipped after wheel locked

1 United States

I want to warn anyone about going to NTB for service of any kind. I went to the NTB in Palatine, IL 9/4/07 because I needed an oilchange and had a coupon. I was informed that my car needed alot of work inclusing all new brakes even though I had been told just a few weeks before then that my car's brakes was fine. I asked that if they were doing that and taking the wheel off if they could investigate the whirring sound that my front driver's wheel made. They said that they would take car of it. If I would have known what would have happened I would have just gotten my oil changed there and had nothing else done. The frist time they said it was fixed I was on my way home (I lived 1 1/2 hours away from the NTB) and the car started violently shaking. It was 10:30pm at night and I had to drive it home that day. The next day they asked me to drive it back tothe store. I was scared to death the whole way because it felt like the wheel was going to fall off. When I got it there they looked at it many hours later and told me that the spindle had been bent when the bearings were put in. They gave me a rental car and kept my car for over a week. They then called and told me that my car was done for the second time. I was assured that my car had been driven and tested and it was fine. I drove it home and it was okay although the tires smelled hot. I had been told that would happen with new brakes, so I did not think anything of it. The next time I drove the car I was 5 miles away from home going 55-60 MPH and the front driver's side wheel locked. My car fish tailed and almost flipped. I really thing God was looking out for me that my car did not flip. I called NTB and they had my car towed to the nearest NTB (which was in Crystal Lake, IL). I found out fromthe guy at the NTB in Crystal Lake, IL that there had been no spacers put in the spindle with the bearings and they melted to the spindle and had to be welded off. Finally, the NTB in Crystal Lake, IL fixed the car in 3 days. But they refuse thus far to give me my money back and I am seriously considering filing a lawsuit because I am afraid that next time someone is going to be killed. Do not take your car to NTB for anything. They have unsafe and sloppy practices.