Northland Group Inc. / Do not fall for their schemes!
I received a letter in the mail from Northland Group Inc. to settle an account. As I was about to pay this so called debt, I realized that I did not have in account with the previous creditor listed. So I called Northland Group Inc. and the customer service rep I spoke with could not give me any detail about the account. He did tell me that it was originally opened in 1989 and closed in 1994. When I told him that I was just coming home from college in 1989, he says "that what it is, it's for a student loan." He did not know what to say when I told him that I did not have a student loan. The only time I had a student loan was 1995, which has been paid off.
So I went on the Internet to pull up their website, and the complaint board from Complaints.com came up. I was amazed.
Come to find out, this was for a charge card that I had with Citibank. I only had the charge card for 1 year, and when the account was closed, I only owed $575. Citibank had written off the debt almost 10 years ago. Now Northland is trying to collect on it. Please do not fall for their schemes.
More Northland Group Inc. Complaints & Reviews
- Northland Group Inc. - settlement offer? 
- Northland Group Inc. - SCAM SCAM SCAM ! 
- Northland Group Inc. - phoney collection notice 
- Northland Group Inc. - Fraud and harassment! 
- Northland Group Inc. - debt collector
- Northland Group Inc. - collections
- Northland Group - phishing scam 
- Northland Group Inc - Collection letter 
- Northland Group LLC - harassing calls about someone elses dept 
- Northland Group Inc. - collection letter