Northern Leasing / Credit Card Machine Lease

1 NY, United States

After reading through other people's complaints regarding Northern Leasing, has anyone looked into suing this company. Our nightmare started after our credit card machine lease was up and the machine was sent back to our third party AMG, with whom set us up with Norhern leasing. We closed our business and paid what was owed to Northern Leasing and then continued to receive a bill from the company. I called regarding the bill and was told that a 30 day written notification was required at the end of the lease or we would continue being charged. I contacted the third party AMG and told them that this was ridiculous, we are not in business anymore, returned the machine to them and would not pay another cent. The representative from AMG said to send them a copy of our lease and they would handle the rest. We received a numerous amount of harassing phone calls and my husband finally intervened and much to my dismay, paid Northern Leasing another $30.99 and was promised that this would be our final payment. That was last April, well almost a year later I am still receiving bills from the company which I throw in the trash everytime I receive one. The harassing phone calls have begun again. I have told their "legal department, " that I have requested not to be called, if they call again I will record the call and send it to my lawyer. They are claiming that they did not receive their machine back until June of 2007. I told the a**hole they can take that up with AMG, the third party that initially set us up with this horrible company, the machine was returned to them long before this! Blah, blah, blah the man went on! To make matters worse, AMG is no longer in business! If anyone would like to file a law suit, we must have some rights as small business owners.

Sm