North Texas Tollway Authority / failure to follow protocol

I was recently a victim of credit fraud through NTTA. Someone added themselves to my account, making my car’s toll tag deactivated, and making theirs the primary vehicle. When I contacted NTTA I was told that someone came into their facility and showed my ID, gave my name, address, email, phone number, and DL number. Because of that, I was unable to refunded. In so many words, they said they didn’t believe that it wasn’t me who added the vehicle. My TollTag account was drained of the funds I had in there by daily use from the perp. When I called Plano PD and did a police report, the woman I spoke to said that is NOT the first time she has had that SAME report about NTTA. The person who added themselves to my account was a MAN (I am a woman) so obviously if an ID was checked or a name verified, this misrepresentation would have been noticed. Their office obviously does not follow protocol and just added someone to an account willy nilly even though when I call I pretty much have to hand over my arm to verify I am who I say I am. I had to involve my bank to get my money back.

Be