North American Fishing Club / I owe $199.00 lifetime membership

I just recieved a letter in the mail for a bill. The enclosed bill is from rmcb collection agency for the ammount of $199.00. According to this I bought a lifetime membership from the north american fishing club and never paid. I have never even gone fishing in my lifetime, so why would I join this. I have tried time and time again to reach rmcb collection agency @ [protected], their is only a busy signal. To me this sounds like a scam!!! The address is 2269 south saw mill river road, building 3, elmsford, ny, 10523. Beware of these people!!! Dc

Comments

• Ca
      14th of Mar, 2008

I have been getting bills from NAFC for almost a year now. I did join their club. I was suppose to get free merchandise to test out. They did send me a little package of hooks one time. The rest of the time, they were sending books, which some of them we kept, but paid for. Then I started sending EVERYTHING back upopened. That's when I started getting a bill for $84.87 for something called BROOK TROUT SILVER PROOF. I don't even know what this is. Everything that I kept from them, I payed for. It was just fishing books. I've tried numerous times to get hold of them and tried to get hold of the collection company. I never can get through. Unfortunately, this is showing up on my credit report. I don't know how to clear this up.

Carolyn

• Et
      2nd of May, 2008

I continue to get letters from North American Fishing Club saying my membership dues are past due. I cancelled this membership several years ago. NAFC is threatening to send this matter to a collection agency. How can I make them understand I no longer want ot be a member!!!

• Sh
      13th of Jun, 2008

I got a letter with my check back saying i was chosen to be a life time meber and i was going to send the payment and the info back when i get my check the 1st but i lost the info and envalope to be a life time meber becouse i like the produts i have so far the patches and all and i like the fact i pay this one time and i never have to worrie about it agin but i am hoping that you will resend the bill and the info so i can pay the bill to be a life time meber
    sherrie gallatin
    truckerswife44256@yahoo.com
    and agin thank you

• Re
      15th of Sep, 2008

I keep getting letters from these North American fishing peolpe for membership dues and have never asked for a membership. I called their collections agency in New York At RMCB 914-345-7136 and they don't even have any way to get in touch with these people except by computer. This is a bunch of ### and you would think something could be done about it because it needs to be.

• Da
      30th of Dec, 2008

You can contact the Club at MemberServices@FishingClub.com
    Allow 3 business days for a response.

Or call a Member Services
    Representative Toll-free
    M-F, 7:30 am - 6:00 pm CST:
    1-800-843-6232

Or contact them by mail at:
    North American Fishing Club Member Services
    P.O. Box 3403
    Minnetonka MN, 55343-2103
    FAX: (952) 988-7499

Just remember...the person on the other end of your correspondence is NOT the one causing you the problems.

For all you know, either a "friend" or family member signed you up, or you are the victim of identity theft.

I have been a Life Member with them over 8 years, and the Club has over 450, 000 total Members.

• Fo
      28th of Apr, 2009

I have repeatedly attempted to make contact going to fishing club.com, but it always says there is no such address or contact. I, then went to membersservice@fishingclub.com, and got the same response. Fianlly I got a page that sked for my membership number and password, to which I submitted, but then I was told that neither were accurate or valid. After reading all the complaints above, I have begun to see that this is something I do not want to be a part of. Just one more of life's problems?

• Ju
      18th of May, 2009

I received a check in the amount of $24.00 which is to be deposited and used as a rebate from North American Fishing Club in which I recently paid $24.00 for a two year membership. The letter attached with the check is full of verbage regarding all the wonderful items I could receive if I follow through with their suggestion. However, there is one paragraph that has me concerned as follows: "When you become a Life Member, your monthly payment for 12 months comes to $23.75. After that you're done. Forever. You never have to pay dues again for the rest of your life." If I interpret this correctly - this means that I would pay the $23.75 each month for 12 months. A total of $285.00. What kind of a deal is that? I am beginning to think I should have never even accepted the two year membership. I'm also thinking that this is some sort of a con game. Does anyone have any thoughts about this? Is it a scam?

• Ba
      7th of Aug, 2009

When they send you the $36 refund of your signup fees, the packet mentions "You've been selected to be a lifetime member" and all the associated nonsense, the packet that comes with it simply keeps telling you to "DEPOSIT THE CHECK NOW!" The packet NEVER mentions how much the lifetime membership costs. I read the entire packet, and the only mention of the lifetime membership NOT being FREE is where they offere you 3 "FREE" gifts, the first one is sent to you when they receive the $36.00 "refund" check they send you, the second gift is mentioned to be shipped when your lifetime membership is HALF PAID, and the final "FREE" gift is shipped when your membership is FULLY PAID. Nowhere in the entire packet of info, does it mention how much it costs. My thinking was, "They're going to deduct whatever they want from my checking account! Why else would they simply not just subtract the $36 I'd already paid from whatever amount this lifetime membership costs?" That is the reason I searched online before depositing that check. Boy am I glad I found this site. I am KEEPING that check in a safe place, after writing VOID on it in black sharpie, in case I get a bill!!!

• Li
      11th of Jan, 2010

C'mon people. With one exception, most of you sound like smart adults. I have been a Lifetime Member of NAFC for many years and have never had a single problem with them. As far as the lifetime membership packet that you receive goes, they take whatever dues you have paid for however long you have been a member and send you a check for that amount to basically bring your account back to zero. If you have been a member for three years and have been receiving the magazine all that time, that means that in essence they are giving you back those three years and you were a member and receiving all benefits for those three years for free. You then pay your monthly fee for one year, which does equal out to 10 years of regular membership, then you are done. As long as you don't die during those 10 years, you come out on top. I have been sent hundreds of items over the years and have yet to be disappointed with a single one. NAFC, along with NAHC, HCOA and their other affiliate clubs are above reproach, and are stellar companies.

• Ro
      1st of Aug, 2010

i paid my life time membership in full and they still say i owe them money i don' understand whats going on.

• Je
      31st of Jan, 2012

Thanks Guys,
    I had my registration in the envelope ready to mail, I will throw it out.

• Me
      27th of Feb, 2012

There is no website freegift.fishingclub.com...it only brought me to these complaint sites. I did sign up but should have known better. to good to be true...Those that say they are members with no problems are probably part of the scam!...so I ask those who have no issues with company, where's this website to have the weight n fillet set sent? Did YOU get yours? Calling tommorow to cancel before this gets worse.

• Bo
      5th of Jun, 2014

when i become a life member i understood i would become a field tester when i try to register i cant login. bob drummond member #90536436

• Ro
      21st of Oct, 2015

I have been a member since Sept. 2011. My membership # 90493077. At first I received my lifetime package, which I Paid for and I received the magazine and several nice fishing items. It has been over a year and I have not received so much as letter from you. The magazines stopped coming and so did the gifts to try. I would appreciate a phone call or an email as to my inquiry. Thank you for taking the time to respond to this matter.

Robert P. Lanham
    1695 Buck Run Rd
    Pennsboro, WV 26415
    email: dremalanham@gmail.com

• Pa
      22nd of Dec, 2015

i have been with north American fishing club since 1999 and I have to call or send a text about getting my magazines why do I have to keep doing this life member90107951 Patrick Goddard I think it its a bunch of bull hockey