Nokia India / pathetic service, faulty handsets!

1 India Review updated:

I am one of the frustrated customer of Nokia India and fighting for their third class services to India customers. I have collected some information which will be useful to any customer before taking any decision on purchase of Mobile phone. Nokia India: pathetic apathy for the Indian customer. Nokia is selling some of its degraded products that have software problems. If customer come across such problem in a new set, they waste lot of time in running around service centers as it does not help much, they company informs for replacement set after repeated follow up only.

This promise is never fulfilled, if it is fulfilled the customer gets either a secondhand phone or a hand set which is even worse than the defective hand set. After some time the same problems occurs in supplied set also and customer runs around Nokia Service Center again and again.

Problems with Substandard Nokia Handset.

The phone works well after initial period of purchase, the problem starts after few days, near the end or after the end of guarantee period. Following are the general problems observed.

• Some of the hand set has software problems which work well during initial period, but after some time problem starts and finally it crashes which requires replacement of hand set. Replaced hand set also gives same experience.
• In some of cases after 5-6 days of purchase, at the end of guarantee expiry or with in one month after expiry of guarantee period the phone started giving a minor problem of restarting / rebooting and crashes at the end.
• The phone switches-off on its own a few times in spite of having network
• Poor battery performance, needing recharging every 3-4 hrs this is not helping even after replacement with new battery
• Nokia mobile generate temperature, if the conversation goes more then 15 Minutes.
• It switches off suddenly while you are sending or replying SMS. So have to keep watch after sending or replying SMS if it is working or not or else you will end up having a switched off phone in your pocket ensuring you miss important calls.
• Nokia care attribute some of the problem due to faulty IEC, but the problem still persists in spite of replacement of IEC,
• Bad network transmission, automatic switching-off of the phone & headset clarity problem.
• Display panel light not glowing; display is there but no light due to starting of sudden vibration. Vibration stops only after removal of battery. But when battery is fixed back vibrations starts immediately.

Faulty handsets in Indian Market:

Nokia 6255 CDMA.

The Nokia 6255 is technically faulty phone as it gets hanged, switch off, asks for transfer of data with out using phone, and gets disconnected several times. The replacement phone also gives the same problem.

Once this phone goes dead, you will not be able to do anything, as with CDMA technology, you don’t have SIM cards, which you can put in another phone, and keep your work going. The phone dead means you are out of communication.

Phones where problem observed are 1101, 1112, 1120, 1600, 2112, 2300, 2600, 2865, 3105, 3100, 3120, 3155CDMA, 3220, 3230, 3250, 6030, 6125, 6131, 6233, 6225CDMA, 6260, 6265, 6255 CDMA 6270, 6280, 6600, 6630, 6670, 6708, 7610, 668 i, N70, N80, N93, E50

If a phone starts giving problem, Indian customer falls into trap of Nokia Service never ending circle. In most of the cases matter never reported to concerned authorities due to lack of time on such matters.

Local Nokia Service Center making fool of Indian Customer:

If you visit to local Nokia Care center you will be surprised to find a majority of customers fighting for their instruments, this includes some who are waiting for more than three months and some who have got the mobile repaired but the problem was repeatedly recurring.

Customer care division is worst they are not ready to even listen properly/give response to their customers. They cheats customer by saying that their network is not working come next day, tomorrow, day after tomorrow so on. In case of follow up they will say that your phone has come back with out repair and reasons for same are not known to them. They make customer to come time again and again.

If user can gives mobile into service center he has to forget about mobile because he can't get his mobile back with in a month means he has to take a new mobile. He gets the mobile repaired luckily after 2-3 months and if a mobile replacement is given it gives same experience, it's a general experience at Nokia care center, It seems that they does like that because they want to show minimum complaints, they will give bad service no one will go to care center and they will get the official record of very few complaints.

If you see at Nokia Care center you will see that there are so many complaints about handset and Nokia care center gives same experience (Bad & Frustrating) to every one. The Nokia care people if returns handset, even after repairing, it does not work. Some time they handled the phone for repair so carelessly that one just can’t use it. Some time when replacement is given, you will find visible scratch marks and the replacement hand set is also not starting at all. It is also seen that the product gives same experience even after replacing handset 4-5 times.

Some time excuse is taken that the model has to be changed but new module is not available as soon as they receive it will be replaced with a new model returned. But this rarely happens. Local Nokia Care people always blame delay on Nokia state service center for all delay but real picture no one knows.
One has to spend lot of time on getting heard for their complain but later customer realizes that coming to local Nokia care center is wastage of time with out end result.

Nokia Care Center office in Bangalore:

All customers complain are handled by Nokia Care center at Bangalore. There is no alternate address provided in case customer wants to refer their problem to them. Nokia Care, Bangalore never solves the problem & always gives the standard reply “we will to revert back in 48 hours with Solution” but no reply is given after 48 hrs.

They are not at all concerned about the Consumer. Time taken for any repair is so long as if customer has committed a CRIME by buying their product.

If you try to send the email to Nokia Care, you get the following reply from Nokia Servers.
***********************************************
Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.
Subject: subject.
Sent: 11/21/2006 3:59 AM
The following recipient(s) could not be reached:
Services Support (RES/Gurgaon) on 11/21/2006 3:59 AM
The message could not be delivered because the recipient's mailbox is full.
<ndebe102.NOE.Nokia.com #5.2.2>
*********************************************************************
Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.
Subject: subject.
The following recipient(s) could not be reached:
Services Support (RES/Gurgaon) on 11/24/2006 11:21 PM
The message could not be delivered because the recipient's mailbox is full.
<ndebe102.NOE.Nokia.com #5.2.2>
************************************************
But in actual this does not happen, they get access to the mail and reply is given as per their convenience. The telephone numbers provided on the job sheet are more or less of no use as you have to wait for long time to get connected to the service person, other lines usually remains busy or if the number rings nobody picks up the phone. Nokia Care will make calls if they see that matter is getting worse. They will ask for information again and again for which information is already provided to them. The customer gives the information but no time frame is given for action. Again you will find that in next call there is different person asking for same information but silent on status of repair.

If you are able to send direct communication to Nokia Head Offices or Nokia Head Office Finland, the Nokia care center (Bangalore) executive will inform the customer that sending mail to their head office will not give any results as this will be forwarded to them by their Head Office. Similarly there will be no communication from Nokia Head Office in this matter. It is general experience the customer has to spent large of amount in making long calls for getting status of repair.

Performance of replaced handset:

In some cases Nokia replaced handset more than 4 times!! But in all handset again all issues like - blank display, phones hangs, auto switch off etc surfaced. The customer at the end forgets this matter due to lack of time on such matter and switches to phones supplied by other vendors where he gets good product and services.

Overall standard of services to Indian customers

Following is the feedback of various Nokia Customer having a defective handset. This includes advocate of Supreme Court, doctors, Engineers, Business man etc.

• They never adhered to any Commitment & have no coordination at all.
• Their Servicing is of Utmost low Grade. Change Nokia caption “Connecting people” to “Hating people”
• I didn't seen such extremely bad & frustrating service, which Nokia Customer people are giving to There customer. I warn prospective buyers to be careful.
• I was out of communication for 1 month and my patients suffered a lot, because when Nokia service center took my phone for replacement, my CDMA service was also discontinued as I could not transfer my number to another phone.
• I am sorry to say but ever since I purchased the handset, my life has become so very troublesome. Leave alone the amount I spent for the handset, I have incurred quite some cost, just in the process of getting it repaired time & again & the inconvenience that I have faced during the process is better if left undiscussed or unsaid.
• I have to pay for a rotten product, pay for downloading data from the rotten product and wait for over 20 days to get repairs. I do not know weather the repairs shall be worthwhile as the number of complaints at Nokia Service Center are just Hundreds per day.
• Don’t take NOKIA mobile because NOKIA didn't have ability to provide good service to their customer.
• Please do not buy Rotten Nokia Products; it’s a pathetic apathy for the purchaser.
• With this kind of experience with Nokia product & customer care executives has left me highly disappointed but all this disappointment coming from a brand like Nokia is a shame.
• I had similar experience with Nokia service and now I have decided that I will never buy a Nokia phone. The service is so hopeless that you feel ashamed of yourself that why you brought this phone. Absolute waste of time, money and peace of mind if you happen to use Nokia service.
• Nokia handsets are good, only if there is no problem, otherwise owing a NOKIA handset a big headache!! Now I have bought another handset.
Question to be answered by Nokia India:

Beware!

Comments

• Mu
      13th of Mar, 2007

This is with reference to the below mentioned mail am attaching the image of your great nokia care centre.

First the said problem in the first instance itself was not rectified. Secondly you people should learn what is punctuality and customer care.

I had asked the guy in the counter after waiting nearly for more than one hour whether the handset would be delivered as per the date for which he promised it would be done so (I am not ###ting this was promised by this guy). Go thru the status which is below pathetic is not the word of your customer service.

To top all these I had a call from the nokia call centre stating that they would get back to me on the
    Same issue since the problem in the first service was not rectified, am still expecting that status call.

Your great organization should realize what it is to retain a customer across the globe an unhappy customer influences 13 others and a happy customer would do only 2 to the max. You guys just lost another 13 X n NO of customers from my circle, in fact I had influenced my friend to buy a Samsung E250 When I told him the problems am facing with your org and he would continue to do so with his friends and so on.

I HAVE COMPLETELY LOST FAITH IN YOUR PRODUCTS AND SERVICE AND ORGANIZATION!

• Ri
      16th of Mar, 2007

I thoroughly agree with the author of this article.My handset Nokia 6270 has been giving a lot of trouble recently.The problem is that the handset doesnt catch signal even at the bottom of a service provider tower!I complained in Nokia Customer care 5 times but to no avail.The online complaint service of Nokia India is far worse.They dont even respond properly to the queries and send the same the letter of confirmation asking for the job sheet number which i have provided at least thrice!

• Ri
      20th of Apr, 2007

With all due respect to both of the authors here, I beg to disagree. I have 6630 and trust me I had a harrowing time with the phone for the first two weeks of purchase. I got in touch with the Nokia customer service and was guided to one of the service centres. I had my handset’s software reloaded and was also advised on the maintenance of the phone. Am happy customer now and I follow the advice given by them. You guys should contact the customer service for help. You can contact them at 30303838 and recount your experience.

• Me
      31st of May, 2007

Hi,

This is to all the Nokia Product User, I would like to share this with you that I was facing a service issue in my Handset N-5300, I had to take it for repair numerous times but in vain. I finally got the Nokia’s Careline number from one of my friend and I called them for help. I did receive expected help from the careline. I would request you all to contact the Nokia’s Careline for any kind of problem. I believe that everyone will be getting solution to their problem soon. One can reach them by dialing # 30303838 or getting logged into their site www.nokia.co.in . ‘Ask Nokia’ an option which is to be selected to mail their department directly. I feel the complaints and thoughts should reach at the correct place.

• De
      4th of Jun, 2007

I have a Nokia 5200 and was quite happy with the phone. The phone suddenly started working weirdly; it used to send messages to all the contacts mentioned in the phone memory. I contacted the dealer from where I purchased the handset. He directed me to the “Service Center of Nokia”. I never knew where I was heading towards. The Service Center Technicians (as they are called) took the phone and I was asked to collect the phone after 48 hrs. The entire month I was unable to use my phone as it was with the ‘Nokia (don’t) Care Center’. After repeatedly visiting the service center I was not given a proper reply as to what is the condition of my phone, I at times cursed the decision of purchasing a Nokia handset in the first place; and then I contacted the Nokia careline (#-30303838).

I registered a complaint with them for the concern of my handset. I was provided information regarding my handset and was also informed in detail about the problem with the handset. I have received proper cooperation from the careline. I received the phone after 45 Days. I really thank them for the same. I received help somewhere at least. But I really feel Nokia should do something about the Nokia Care/Service Centers.

• Sh
      5th of Jun, 2007

I have a Nokia 6131 which was purchased on the 30/03/07 and in two months it has already had a battery replacement, and its second trip to the Nokia Care where I am now demanding a replacement. The problem first was the battery which I had to recharge every 24hrs, which I had never expected from Nokia. But situation still remains the same even after a replacement. Then my phones mini display started to go blank and I always have to switch handset off and on. Then several times while listening to the radio and phone make a "Click" noise and then the display would turn black finally rebooting the phone. I took it to the Nokia center who kept it for more than a week. In less than a week after having the phone back, I have experienced the same problem all over. So now my phone is back at the Nokia Center where I have asked for a replacement. Another thing I have noticed is that the person at the counter never tried to explain, or educate me of the problem, what cause or even to take care of it. And having read the comments here I m not sure if a replacement handset is a solution to my problem.

• Su
      12th of Jul, 2007

I had bought a Nokia 2626 From Cuttack, orissa on june last week. after 2 days it showed a black stripped line on display, then I demand for a replacement but the shop send it for replacement of disply to Bhubaneswar Nokia Care. But till now it has not come.It is very frustrating because I purchase a SIM of AIRCEL with Rs 88 power plus top up , now this is unused also monthly rental of recharge is a loss as the mobile is not there means the top up to reduce STD call to one ruppee is wasted.And the nokia dealer at cuttack is harrassing everyday saying that it has not come yet since the display part is not available at nokia center. How can it be possible for display part not there ? what is the meaning of replacement and repair then? what is the meaning of sending to Nokia care then ?

Its just harassment and nothing else.Also they can replace the mobile there itself else can replace display with others 2626 there for sale. They are just putting in infinite loop. I have Bill of purchase every thing. The dealer has also took a xerox copy of Bill /Receipt and sent to Bhubaneswar Nokia care center. Kindly Solve the problem as soon as possible. People are loosing faith in Nokia. Let Us Stop It.

• Su
      20th of Jul, 2007

I recently bought new nokia 1255 handset and for my surprise , I saw the very next day its software was corrupted i.e display showed new message received, but no messages were in INBOX. SENT ITEMS showed it contains msgs but when viewing the same, nothing was inside. Alarm starts when handset is switched on. If any missed calls are received, they are not shown on screen. The same day I went to web world and showed it to them and requested to change my handset. They told me that I will need to send it to nokia care. So I went to nokia care and handed over the cellphone and lodged the complaint. After ten days they resettled the software and returned handset to me. Next day again I faced the same problems and again gave it for repairing, this time they returned the handset without doing anything to it (I know that, because contacts were gone when first time they reset the phone, and this time all my contacts were inside) I understood that nothing has been done to it. But I took the delivery after in charge person told me to try and check the phone again by using it. As I knew the phone had same problems again and again. Now again I have given my phone to repair center and they told me that they will reset the software and return. I think the nokia care center peoples are fooling its customers by sending handsets again and again. They think we are born fools. People are loosing faith in Nokia. Let Us Stop It.

• Si
      21st of Jul, 2007

I lost my 6600 mobile at my college. My number is 942888504. Nokia care is not ready to help me.

• Si
      21st of Jul, 2007

I lost my mobile at college I had bought a Nokia 2626 From Cuttack, orissa on june last week. After 2 days it showed a black stripped line on display, then I demand for a replacement but the shop send it for replacement of display to Bhubaneswar Nokia Care. But till now it has not come. It is very frustrating because I purchase a SIM of AIRCEL with Rs 88 power plus top up, now this is unused also monthly rental of recharge is a loss as the mobile is not there means the top up to reduce STD call to one ruppee is wasted. And the nokia dealer at cuttack is harassing everyday saying that it has not come yet since the display part is not available at nokia center. How can it be possible for display part not there? What is the meaning of replacement and repair then? What is the meaning of sending to Nokia care then?

• Ba
      24th of Jul, 2007

Hi All, Even i have to share my experience with you all. I had got this new Nokia 6085 3 months back. So just recently i got a problem like vibration not working, i thought of waiting for some time before giving it to the service center. But few days later i came across with another problem like the charging problem. Even if i remove the cord from charging the charging indication keeps on moving and the charge gets empty pretty fast. So i approached the service center near by, they took my cell and told me i ll get within 24 hrs. When i gave a all after a day they said it cannot be repaired and need to be sent in to head office in andheri and will get my cell in 10 days after repeated follow up they said it cannot be repaired and i will get a new handset within 10 days as it has to come from delhi head office. But to my fortune i am still waiting for a month. And i am not sure if they would give me a repaired handset as said by some of you.

26th of Jul, 2007

Yes, i agree. My Nokia 6125 getting switched off automatically. Nokia care people just fooling me to come next day. They are making me to run behind them for several weeks. I don't know, whether i will get my mobile or not. If we escalate this issue to customer care for complaints, they are not ready to take it. They are suggesting us to visit the nokia care again. I can assure the nokia care service is a world class ### useless service.

27th of Jul, 2007

Yes i agree this, because i have also bought one new mobile[5140i] on 10th july 2007 through Univercell. Within a week its got problem with charging. Eventually i have charged till Charge full indication its not taking the standby more than 8 hours. After i went nokia care also they said its my problem, finally i changed today nokia to Motorola.

So aware about mobile and the retailers and the mobile after check up the details through document of warranty and guaranty accept the product unless wont.

Regards,
    Chellaiah.

• Pu
      28th of Jul, 2007

In your life dont ever make a mistake by buying Nokia phones. They are selling all second hand handsets in India seems

12th of Sep, 2007

I fully agree with the customer. I bought a Nokia 2626 phone in Bangalore 6 months back. Till now, I had no problem with the phone. For the past one week though, the phone is resetting automatically when I am in the middle of a conversation. This is very very irritating. Based on the above feedback from others, I think it is best to avoid wasting time behind getting it serviced. I think I will now buy a Motorola or a Sony Ericsson.

• Aj
      18th of Sep, 2007

DEAR ,
    Sir/madam
    Iam ajay from poor family and 3months ago i brought
    nokia n80 . im poor but i taken money from my uncle
    because i love nokia but the problem is now my cell is in software problem when i visited nokia care
    im not getting good service from them. and i can't give my cell to local service bcoz they will make some mistake . and i don't have bill with me .
    and u should help me against that please sir sill u can do something regarding this
    please reply me to above give my id and i will be waiting to your reply . my email id : ajay_596@yahoo.co.in

Thanks and regards
    Ajay

• Ha
      19th of Sep, 2007

Dear Sir,

I have received a replaced battery of BL-5C of Nokia 1100 through courier. But how I can realize that the battery received by me is the same which is sent by NOKIA. Because the voucher which was attched with the battery does not have the battery serial no. or any code no. Please sugest me.

If asked, may I know the serial no. of my battery through your record.

Thanks,

With kind regards,

Harish Chandra

• Sw
      20th of Sep, 2007

I am also faceting problem with my Nokia N-72 phone it is in warranty but i am getting very veard reply from nokia service center as well as from nokia head office in B'lore.

• Ga
      23rd of Sep, 2007

Dear Sir or Madam,
    I am Gajendra from delhi I have brought a Nokia Phone Model No.1600 Code No.0525392 IMEI: 354836/01/835496/8 dated 27.05.07 here is a complained in battery when i charged the battery after some moment displayed the battery is full. but i call to any other ph. no. displaying the battery is low and automatically switch off the mobile as same as when i receiving any call.

Please replaced my battery as soon as possible.

Thanking you,
    Yours truly,
    Gajendra Kumar

• Pg
      28th of Sep, 2007

I am also faceting problem with my Nokia N-76 phone it is in warranty but i am getting very veard reply from nokia service center