Nokia 5610 Xpressmusic / bad service

1 South Africa Review updated:

I bought a brand new phone in April at one of your retail shops(Foschini) in April 2008.To date it has been fixed 4 times due to software failure, battery not charging, cracked scroll bar and phone freezing. The first time it was all the above mentioned problems, second time it was the battery not charging, the third time it was the software and cracked scroll and this time it is the cracked scroller . I have to be without the phone when the phone is repaired and the third time they fixed my phone they said I’m gonna get a loan phone to my surprise when I get there they tell me only people with contract phones receive loan phones meanwhile I was told by someone in your HVRC that if I go to a walk in centre(Cherry Lane) I will get a phone. I was not happy but then I lived with it. I was told my phone was gonna be exchanged as it was fixed more that once but to my surprise I get a call to say I should come and collect my phone. I drive all the was from Midrand to Brooklyn (Cherry Lane ) and I get the same phone and was told that my phone doesn’t qualify to be exchanged. I bought this phone for R3200+ cash and I expected a phone that meets the price but clearly it doesn’t.

I called in the HVRC on the 17th November 2008 regarding the cracked scroller and that my phone is freezing and was told that I should bring in the phone again for repairs, this is totally unacceptable as I am frustrated because I’m not getting the service that I deserve especially from a service provider this big. I took in the phone for the 5th time on the 04th December and I got a response saying that they are looking at the phone and will see if it qualifies to be exchanged or to be repaired.How can they even think of fixing the same phone which is only 7 months old 5 times.

If I cannot get an exchange on this phone or a phone that is worth what I paid for then I need my money back so I can get a phone that will not give me any problems and that I can rely on. I need urgent feedback regarding this matter as I cannot accept this anymore .

Regards,

Ms Z Khumalo
IMEI :[protected]
Make : 5610 Nokia

Comments

• Aj
      7th of Jun, 2008

purchase nokia 5610
    slider of that set os damaged for the past 2 months local service centre says part is not available
    how can be possible that part is not available with nokia for the past 2 months
    please check and confirm otherwise i need to take help of consumer froum
    it is purchased in march2008, ,

• Lh
      18th of Feb, 2009

oh god, im planned 2 buy? how?

• Lh
      18th of Feb, 2009

really?i guess not, cause nokia phone always guaranty and the phone had checked in the nokia testing centre...emm, im planned 2 buy this phone, is it ok at all?

26th of Feb, 2009

I have exact problem my phone is currently with my supplier i bought it may last year its keeps freezing, now has cracked scroll bar and worse the dealer looks as if he is not straight beside getting one year warranty
    this phone is not worth its price
    Joan Kariuki
    Kenya

• Ju
      11th of Mar, 2009

This is not comforting at all!!! I bought my phone less than a month ago for R4000, 00 at vodashop and now all off a sudden(which is way to soon)when i slide to open the phone i get a white screen for atleast 5 seconds and my camera does not want to work.It keeps showing "camera on standby" and to top it off i'm also experiencing black lines across the screen.I have tried to reset the settings but it does not work!Im frustrated by this!When calling Vodashop i was told that they will send it away for repairs and it would take 3-4 weeks!What am i suppose to do without a phone in the meantime?I have always just had a nokia handset but this sucks and i'm appalled by nokia's handsets nowadays!

Judy