Nissan Of McKinney / dealer backed out

1 McKinney, TX, United States Review updated:

This dealership is unbelievable! I purchased a used vehicle from them. There was an issue with 4 of the door locks before I purchased and I told them i wasn't interested unless they were fixed. After talking to their technicians, the used car manager knew it would be a worse case scenario of $2000 to fix. The manager told me she had to get that approved and when she came back, she said she got the approval to do the deal. So the paperwork was done and financing was done and down payment was done. They kept the vehicle so they could do the repairs on it. This took a little more than a week.

The technician couldn't fix it. After guessing and throwing a part at it, which didn't fix it, they sent it to Toyota to have it looked at. Toyota told them it would be about $2000 to fix it. I am assuming the lock actuators needed to be replaced.

Today I get a call from the same manager telling me that they were not going to fix the door locks because it was going to cost $2000. They tried to switch vehicles with another of the same model but with 30, 000 more miles on it and for the same price.

It is my belief that their plan was to sell the vehicle and if they could fix it cheap, then great, but if it was going to cost the $2000 to fix, they would just back out of the deal. This is a very shady and unethical dealership.

I am very displeased with the staff here to say the least. I will never recommend this dealership to anyone and I hope everyone who reads this do the same. I wouldn't buy anything from them now, and their technicians don't know what they are doing!

Pi
Jun 12, 2015

Comments

Th
  12th of Jun, 2015

"They tried to switch vehicles with another of the same model but with 30, 000 more miles on it and for the same price. "

This seems hard to believe. Are you being truthful?