Nissan Motor Acceptance Corportation / car loan customer service

1 P.O Box 78132Phoenix, AZ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-456-6622

I paid my monthly loan online through my bank account as I always do. The next month, I received my statement saying that I now owed for 2 months (that they had not received my last statement). Well, my bank pays by check and the check had cleared. So, I called customer service and they told me that I would need to some them a copy of my bank statement and it would be cleared within 7 - 10 business days. I called on business day 11 when it had not cleared. I asked to speak to a manager and was given a supervisor. She told me that they were investigating, and I "would just have to wait." I told her I was told max 10 days, and she said "well you'll just have to wait until the investigation is done." I told her I wanted to talk to that department and she told me, "no". I told her then I needed to talk to a manager above her and she told me, "Managers do not take phone call." I asked for her name and, she refused to give it to me and hung up on me. This is the worsst customer service I have ever had. Do not use this company to finance your car loan.

Kr

Comments

• Ed
      25th of Sep, 2008

I paid off a '95 Nissan pickup in 2002. Since I had no desire to sell the vehicle, I did not pay attention to the fact that I never received a title for said vehice. Now, 6 years later, I am going through HELL trying to get the title! My State Tax ommission has said that all that is need is a simple faxed letter showing that NMAC holds no interest in said vehicle. Simple, right? Several days later, I had to call NMAC to find out that my request had been rejected, because their records showed that some unknown third party had paid off the vehicle! News to me, since I paid every penny of every note! STILL hashing it out! I build Nissan vehicles, but cannot recommend ANYONE to finance through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation!

sorry, should have read Tax Commission

25th of Sep, 2008

NMAC says that after a loan is paid off, you have to have a "lien request letter" sent to the Dept. of Motor Vehicles before you can receive your title...anyone else ever heard of another lending institute requiring this?

• St
      10th of Oct, 2008

we are going through the exact same thing. My bank is trying to get that money back to us since it never went through. We have been having problems since sept 28, 2008. That was when our second payment was due to find out we are behind. We are also being told different things from different people

• B2
      12th of Dec, 2008

I have problems with their customer service. Since now it's in India, they can hardly understand our questions.

Send payments via check or money order. And certified mail with a receiving signature required. I had a problem with a credit card company, where they charged extra fees saying the payments arrived late.
    Once I started sending everything certified mail, no more. This way is documented.

• Ra
      14th of Apr, 2009

I have recently had problems with Nissan. I sent a monygram from my April monthly payment. I sent it to Phoenix, Az. However, when we received the new statement it said we were behind two months. I contact Nissan and they said they never received any payment. So I tracked the moneygram and they inform me that it was cashed...the name on the moneygram was Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp...there the only one that can cash it right? After finding out that they never received the payment, I went online and paid for the past month. I got a confirmation number but now they are saying that they have no record.I am waiting to see if it ever goes through if not I have to resubmit the payment. I have to wait for the moneygram company to send me a photocopy of the moneygram. Hopefully, we will get back our money soon. I did not know this happen a lot.

24th of May, 2009

I had pbs with Nissan Acceptance Corp. as well.

I did set up on line automatic draft payment from my checking account to NAC and everything has been going just fine, until January 2009, when I went in a trip. Before the 2 months long trip, I went back on line to make sure everything is going strong, I left all my finances in order and left. On March, when I was able to finaly get on line and check my bank (Checking) statement, I realized that the lease payments didn't come off my account for February. We were already in March and I was 1x30days late with the Feb. payment. As soon as I realize that, in that very day, I contacted NAC and paid the two months. I requested an explanation, why they didn't take money out of my account through the only, just like I set it up, but they told me that they have a record of me canceling the on line automatic draft on January, and that they've sent me emails about my due payment.
    This was a lie, as I have checked my email box and there were NO emails, whatsoever, nor in the Spam/bulk box from NAC, as I have saved and have a folder of emails that I have received from them, but no emails that came on in the time frame btw Jan-March 2009. But, they've already reported my late payment to Credit Bureau, and this is my ONLY late payment in my life!

I am very frustrated and don't know what to do to fix this. I am sure that their computer system messed up, as I didn't cancel my automatic drafts.

What should I do?

• Hs
      14th of Oct, 2009

OH great hearing all your stories got me freaked out we just bought a car and financed by these people, Im very sorry that everyone is having a hard time, I pray to god they dont start being this way to us

• De
      19th of Oct, 2009

omg!!! i hate their Indian service!!! NEVER EVER EVER deal with Nissan Corp... EVER!!! so frustrating

• Je
      17th of Dec, 2009

I have had so many problems with these people I don't know where to begin. I can't seem to get help from anyone as they all seem to point the finger elsewhere. I am at wits end with these people and beg of ANYONE who read this who is considering financing with them to run away. I tried to mail in a check which disappeared in mid air, I tried automatic pay twice which was screwed up both times, I tried making payments over the phone which have been posted to other people's accounts. When I try to get answers they always say they will investigate and call me back which nobody ever does. Not to mention the fact it is extremely difficult to get an english speaking person on the phone. I finally went to the Nissan branch where we leased the car and told them I needed help. They of course said they could not help and I told them i was not going to leave until they found me someone who could. Low and behold they found me someone who assured me everything was taking care of and they would not be reporting me to the credit burea (they were claiming i was 30 days late) it was their mistake and I was never supposed to find out but the people in India don't understand because they have a very different culture. Then why are they OUR customer service? I just got another phone call saying we were reported to the credit burea and are 36 days past due. Back to square 1!!!

• Ra
      26th of Jan, 2010

I've been with NMAC for along time now but, I may never consider financing with them again. I too find it difficult to have someone who can help me or assist me with a concern because there is a language barrier. I sent off a payoff amt for my car (over $5, 000) and its been two weeks now. Check hasnt been cashed which it never has taken this long and when I called with this concern the lady wanted me to give it another week so I asked her if there was an extension she could transfer me to for the payoff dept. and of course there isnt. Then I told her that maybe I will cancel check and pay over the phone with her then she said that even if I did that, the check would still be deposited, meaning cashed and if I cancelled the check then I would incurr bank fees. I said to her "how could nmac cash a check for which there is no balance on the acct"? she said they would still do it and then refund me the money. Then I felt like I received the run around. I dont understand how a big company like NMAC could not have better coverage or man power to help us with these issues when they arise . That clearly tells me we are not dealing with professionals and I don't care for their work ethics either.

Rachel

• He
      17th of Feb, 2010

do not mail payoff checks to the pobox address on the statement, the statement does ask you to call for the payoff address
    If you don't want to deal with the India call center ask that they transfer you to the U.S. office and to code the account so that you don't receive calls from the office in India.
    Take your release of lien letter aka "pink slip" to the dmv to get your title.
    Money gram payments are not accepted only western union quick collect.
    If you have a late payment on your credit it cannot be removed as a courtesy due to audit reasons.
    Do not overnight mail to a p.o. box address, call and ask for the physical address and who or what department it should be attentioned to.
    Check your statement every month to make sure all the information is correct on it, even if you know you paid your payment on time.

Hope this information was helpful.

• Su
      7th of Jul, 2010

My 2006 Nissan 350z has been an absolute nightmare to deal with for about the past 1 year. Not the car, but the NMAC and the payments. $ 723.00 a month and i have made 40 payments and cant make this amount anymore. My life is failing and NMAC is RAPING me each month. NMAC collections is Malicious and Predatory. I have bad credit, No extra $$, and the car is not worth what i owe. I cant refinance due to credit and i cant trade in for the same reasons previous. I need a rewrite of loan or at this rate since i am going back into the Military i will need to forfeit the vehicle. I have paid so much for this car and now it is just too much to handle. I can only afford $500.00 a month at most. Please help me. Nissan wrongfully REPOD my car in December ( Though i was able to retreive ) and that has spiraled me out of monetary control since then. Why wont NMAC work out a solution with or for me ? Please, pleas help. - Sean

• Po
      9th of Jun, 2011

I too am having a nightmare with NMAC and their customer svc is incompetent. My ex-wife added me to a NMAC car loan without my knowledge and our daughter was using car. She went bankrupt and stopped making payments in Aug 2010 unbeknownst to me. I only found out when re-financing my home and it showed up on credit rept. After dodging vicious repo guys, I finally called Texas directly and got a live person-- I paid the back payments of $3500 and have made all monthly payments since Feb, yet car is still in driveway as I cannot get my name added to title. Not to mention they have still not taken the "charge-off" off of MY credit report. So I pay $494 per month to have the car sit in driveway and likely cannot get another car b/c of the charge off! They are incompetent and awful!

• Ph
      6th of Aug, 2012

I would never own another Nissan car if they gave me one...I had my 2008 Nissan Sentra bought brand new not even a year and had purchased 4 sets of tires a(over $1000) and they finally found out the toe on my car was bent and causing the tires to wear fast. My daughter purchased her Nissan at the very same time a brand new 2008 Nissan Sentra so she decided to have it checked out and guess what the toe on her car was bend also. They tried to say it was something we had done but I know better and so does the Nissan Company. I tell everyone who ask about my car to go somewhere else and purchase a car because the Nissan Company is crooked and will not stand by there products. Nissan is the worse company to purchase a vehicle from. When I contact Nissan Corp. about this problem they never contacted me back and I continued to send emails and call but still no response back and when I finally got someone to talk to after 3 years of fighting this I was told I needed to get receipts and the company I bought the tires from said they only keep records for 2 years Nissan then told me well it's been to long now and there is nothing we can do. I hate this company with a passion.

• Di
      7th of Sep, 2012

Nissan motor acceptance are crooks. I asked for an extension on my account. This pushed my payments out 6 months. I continued paying payments but my balance is still high. Nissan lied and said I will owe over $2000 for my last payment. Where will I get that and why didn't they charge the extra amounts with my monthly payments?! Ready to drive my car into the river. Nissan finance are thieves!!! I may consider suing.

• Ry
      5th of Mar, 2014

Thus happened to me last month too. They claimed that they didn't received my payment so i mail them another check to found out that a few days went by they charged me twice for my first and second check.

That was $750 out of my account man. As a student it is really hard to come up with money to make ends meet and this fruitlickers take $750 out in one time?

Jesus! Ima change the finance company as soon as i can.

Hopefully people read this before they actually made a mistake like we alll did here

• Cn
      18th of Aug, 2014

This is the WORST customer service I've ever encountered. I have called
    Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation (NMAC) on two occasions to request a
    copy of my title because I am changing states. I spoke to someone named
    Darrell and a woman. After providing false information, I called both
    the NY and MA DMV's and was told that NMAC is completely wrong in the
    process. NMAC said the MA DMV would take 30 business days to release an
    electronic title into a printed one. MA said it would take 1 business
    day. Nissan said they would only send NY the copy of the title- NY said
    they could not accept the copy unless it was from me. In the midst of
    all NMAC's incorrect information, the customer service representatives
    were downright rude. One of them, Darrell, tried to lecture me on what
    an electronic (DUH) title means and the second one would not provide her
    name. The second rep, a woman, also hung up on me when I asked to speak
    to a manager. Both reps told me I would have to keep calling daily over
    the next 30 days to see if my title was received from the DMV yet and
    hope that I could get the copy request in on time. HORRIFIC and RUDE
    customer service reps. NMAC needs to clean house of these people. I've
    gone through two other car loan providers over the years, Bank of
    America and Chase, and never once ran into these problems. NMAC SUCKS!

• Ni
      22nd of May, 2015

I agree I had a 2014 Nissan Altima and when I got slow at work I tried to make deferments for payment arrangements and they would not do i told theme them I would do a voluntary drop off and they came andtowed my car in the middle of the night when I had to take my kids to school and had to work the very next day these crooks then they contacted me on the sale of the car after the repo and still try to go out for me for 15000 when I already paid 15, 000 that was worth more than what the car was worth now I filed bankruptcy and they will get nothing stay away from these people if you can they are crooks!!!

• Ri
      16th of Nov, 2015

Guarantee Trust Offer brings to your attention the obtaining credit at 2% interest rates and secured
    terms.We give quality services at a premium rate.you can get personal and business credits at an extended
    duration even at bad credit history, there are options for you as well.Email:guaranteetrustoffer@gmail.com