New York City Housing Authority / transfer

1 New York, NY, United States

To New York City Housing Authority:

I Artis Santiago am writing this letter as a complaint in regards of the transfer that had been bestowed upon me as a down side from a three bedroom to a two bedroom apartment, I chose the wise towers development on 91st in Manhattan, I waited eight long years for this transfer to come through, I had been placing phone calls to find out where and when would I be called for an interview, the day finally came on August the 2, 2018; I got an opportunity to look at an apartment I had to step over, and on thrash on the floor, the oven was dismantle, the apartment suffered water and mole damages, warped floors, broken tiles inside the building, the apartment itself smelled of an old basement. There was nothing done in preparation of this apartment to make an impression, I believe it was a deliverance act to discourage me from accepting the apartment after waiting eight long years.

I have been a resident of the Pomonok housing development for at least 21 years. When I first came to look at this apartment it was freshly painted and cleaned by the New York Housing Authority, enough for me to admire the beauty of the apartment and add my cleaning touches, and when I leave this apartment it requires minimum work that has to be done and that is primarily the paint job.

It was unjust and totally unfair for me to have been shown an apartment in that condition, it was meant to discourage me from considering this apartment as a place to live, I am heartbroken, depressed, devastated, and highly upset, and this is a discriminatory act against me. This is an amazing area why was I shown an apartment in such grave condition, and then forced to make a decision right then and there. I am truly disappointed I did not know management would be allowed to show an apartment in that condition, after waiting eight long years on a waiting list.

I would like to know what can be done at this time to rectify this situation and to prevent it from happening to myself or anyone again.

Ar