NYC Housing Authority [NYCHA] Logo

NYC Housing Authority [NYCHA]

Having problems with NYC Housing Authority [NYCHA]?

+1 718 707 7771 (Customer Contact Center)
+1 718 649 6400 (Brooklyn)
+1 212 427 8542 (Manhattan)
+1 718 657 8300 (Queens/Staten Island)
+1 212 306 4652 (Service for People with Disabilities Hotline)
+1 888 692 4279 (Prevailing Wage Hotline)
478 East Fordham Road (1 Fordham Plaza), 2nd Floor
Brooklyn/Staten Island/Queens
787 Atlantic Avenue, 2nd Floor, Brooklyn, NY 11238

Complaints & Reviews

transfer/portability since 12/1/10 and no progress

On december 1, 2010 I went to the section 8 office on fordham road bronx new york to submit all the necessary...

leak from upstairs bathroom

There have been several leaks from the apartment above mine for the past several years. Recently there has been at least one leak per day and I have knocked upstairs resulting in either the tenant ignoring the knocks, or them denying that the leak is coming from their above apartment. The emergency number given is an absolute joke [protected] as the operator either takes years to answer the phone and if they do the problem is given a ticket. Usually no one ever comes to check out the problem and if they do they arrive without giving proper notice ahead of time. I am trying at all cost to avoid confrontation as I feel if I run into the tenant they will be greeted with a punch to the mouth. But rather than doing this I would rather find an alternative way of remedying the problem. Is there another way to complain about a neighbor who is neglecting to acknowledge that the leak is coming from their apartment so that the problem can be resolved without confrontation.

transfer

I've been having issues with grant houses since 2001.. I put in for a transfer to a bigger apartment...

abuse/retaliation/exploitation

I’m rodrice a. Vincent, and I was abused, harassed, defamed, and slandered by a new york city housing authority supervisor, and on or about july 31, 2009, she used her co-workers in official capacity to get me terminated from my provisional position. Based on the same false testimony which I was terminated, n. Y. C. H. A. Also tried to prevent me from getting unemployment, a matter which was resolved in my favor. Currently I am being threatened with termination of my tenancy from the new york city housing authority; nycha is claiming & ldquo;breach of rules and regulations” and & ldquo;non-desirability. & rdquo;

I’m a single mom of 3, I need help and don’t know who to turn to. I don’t owe any money in rent, and I am in good standing with the management in the nycha development where I live. I am an upstanding citizen, a college student, and an overall good human being-with several references to testify to that fact. I was a provisional employee, so the abuse that I endured was ignored. I have lived in my apartment for nearly seven years, and have never had a problem with anyone. I filed a complaint with the new york state division of human rights, but the case was dismissed as my complaint was not under the jurisdiction of human rights law. I filed this case in august of 2009, and it was dismissed in october of 2010. These threats of eviction, and the accusations that led to them, are not only continued harassment from my initial termination, and the incidents which led to it, but also retaliation for filing a complaint with the state division. P. S. Housing has offered me to make a settlement. If I withdraw my complaints, they will stop accusing me. Sounds more like exploitation, and admitting guilt on their part to me. They presented this settlement agreement to the new york state division of human rights, it was only offered orally to me.

All I want is justice, and to be left alone. My problem is that I cant fight with a major entity such as nycha on my own. I have a substantial paper trail of evidence that can support my innocence. A blind man could see the abuse i’m enduring from a block away; if only he bothered to look… I truly need help. If you cant help me, would you please do me the service of passing this plea to anyone that you know who might be able to do so. I so humbly thank you in advance, if even you took the time to read this.

Sincerely,

Rodrice a. Vincent

[protected]@yahoo.com

[protected]. [protected]

abuse/retaliation/exploitation

• Ex
    EXPLOITED MOM Apr 07, 2011

I’m Rodrice A. Vincent, and I was abused, harassed, defamed, and slandered by a New York City Housing Authority supervisor, and on or about July 31, 2009, she used her co-workers in official capacity to get me terminated from my provisional position. Based on the same false testimony which I was terminated, N.Y.C.H.A. also tried to prevent me from getting unemployment, a matter which was resolved in my favor. Currently I am being threatened with termination of my tenancy from the New York City Housing Authority; NYCHCA is claiming “breach of rules and regulations” and “non-desirability.”

I’m a single mom of 3, I need help and don’t know who to turn to. I don’t owe any money in rent, and I am in good standing with the management in the NYCHA development where I live. I am an upstanding citizen, a college student, and an overall good human being-with several references to testify to that fact. I was a provisional employee, so the abuse that I endured was ignored. I have lived in my apartment for nearly seven years, and have never had a problem with anyone. I filed a complaint with the New York State Division of Human Rights, but the case was dismissed as my complaint was not under the jurisdiction of human rights law. I filed this case in August of 2009, and it was dismissed in October of 2010. These threats of eviction, and the accusations that led to them, are not only continued harassment from my initial termination, and the incidents which led to it, but also retaliation for filing a complaint with the State Division. P.S. Housing has offered me to make a settlement. If I withdraw my complaints, they will stop accusing me. Sounds more like exploitation, and admitting guilt on their part to me. They presented this settlement agreement to the New York State Division of Human Rights, it was only offered orally to me.

All I want is JUSTICE, and to be left alone. My problem is that I cant fight with a major entity such as NYCHA on my own. I have a substantial paper trail of evidence that can support my innocence. A blind man could see the abuse I’m enduring from a block away; if only he bothered to look… I truly need help. If you cant help me, would you please do me the service of passing this plea to ANYONE that you know who might be able to do so. I so humbly thank you in advance, if even you took the time to read this.

Sincerely,

Rodrice A. Vincent

[email protected]

(347) 778-8857. (347)577-1853

Anonymous May 26, 2011

WORST ! WORST ! WORST! HOUSING AUTHORITY EVER! rude is not the word! VERBALLY ABUSIVE. they know people want houging. so we take it. I understand that young woman. I have also expereinced similar. On the outside you think it is better to take the deal. but if you had a taste of how NASTY some supervisor
    s at NYCHA can be..
    well. you would change your mind. they are ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE BULLIES !!!dis respectful! demeaning and insulting!

Anonymous May 26, 2011

WORST ! WORST ! WORST! HOUSING AUTHORITY EVER! rude is not the word! VERBALLY ABUSIVE. they know people want housing. so we take it. I understand that young woman.

I have also expereinced similar. On the outside you think it is better to take the deal. but if you had a taste of how NASTY some supervisors at NYCHA can be.. one on particular. male. he is only 5'2". another worker there said she could not stand him. said he has a "napolean complex" .

i don't have a problem with his height. his attitude is beyond terrible. he treated my husband and I like [email protected] !!! this supervisor's initials are S.S. Last name rhymes with Eagle.
    well. if you would encountered him. you would change your mind. demeaning and insulting! he called a woman a "stupid fat cow" under his breath! and it's clear his co worker's cannot stand him. another even said she thinks he is a little "crazy". and THAT is who/what we have to put up with at NYCHA. shame on you S.S. SHAME ON YOU!

Anonymous May 26, 2011

NEW YORK CITY HOUSING AUTHORITY NEEDS TO DO SOME HOUSE CLEANING. sOME PEOPLE THERE ARE REALLY NICE. mOST ARE VERY CRUEL AND TREAT YOU IN HUMANELY. tHE SUPERVISOR WITH THE LAST NAME THAT RHYMES WITH EAGEL. WELL HE IS ALSO NOT RESPECTED BY HIS CO WORKERS. THEY SAID AWFUL THINGS ABOUT HIM BEHIND HIS BACK. "LOOSE CANNON" COO COO" "###!" I WOULD RATHER THEY JUST REPORT HIM. SS NEEDED TO BE FIRED YEARS AGO!

@ jazzcat23.
    it was an error.
    late for work. too late to edit.
    sorry.
    LOVE your handle
    enjoy your holiday

• Fi
    fight_back Jul 09, 2012

I agree, Just one night ago my family and myself was badly battered and beating in Wagner housing, located in New York City, N.Y 10035. Before and during this horrible interaction with these gang members, the cops were called more then 2 times. Before our eyes more then 30 peolple were outside our 1st floor apartment calling us to come out, after having things being thrown at our apartment window the cops were then called again, my family ran out, my 2 sister and my 2 brothers, and were agonized and beating, having more then 6 people on each of my members including myself who weight 110lbs...the results swelling and the knocking out of my family member teeth, 6 sitches, , and more swelling in our extremities, one of my sisters were mased and then hold at gun point.

no heat

No heat throughout the entire development in this area. Many tenants have complaint to the nyc complaint line...

noise complaint

Hi, I am a tenant at 520 east 21st street apt 4r. I travel with migraines and high blood pressure and the...

lobby key

I have been living in ravenswood houses in long island city with my mother since 1996. I currently took over...

lack of heat and mold problem

I have 3 years living in housing and this is the most terrible experience. They never have the appropiate...

bathroom leak, mole and loose toilet remains an issue.

My mother in law resides in the carey gardens - 2945 west 23rd st. , in brooklyn, ny. Since august of this year she has made several reports that there is a leak somewhere within the walls either from the above apartment or one of the top floors, yet to no avail. The maintenance guys have come three times to the apartment. First they made an assessment of the condition the wall is in, then we were told that the wall would be plastered however when I mention to the guy that plastering a wall without repairing the leak is useless; he stated that if we did not call to make an appointment for the plastering it would take a long time before they can actually plaster the wall. As soon as the guy came to plaster the wall, it began to peel again, there is also black mole on the walls and ceilings, the toilet is actually loose; yet their only solution nycha has come up with is to plaster the wall while the underlying problems remains unsolved. Today I had to call the [protected] to make another ticket, describe the problem all over again and be given a repair date of dec.16, 2010. However, I am not only going to take pictures but videotape the conditions in which my mother in law is living in. I am going to wait for their petty work to be done on dec. 16, 2010, then I will be taking her to housing court and filing a tenant's request for inspection, because I know for a fact that the leak is not going to be repaired and this is going to be an ongoing issue unless I take nycha to court myself and if the court does nothing I will call the media.

unbelievable late appointments

My family and I are trying to resolve a bathroom ceiling problem. With each appointment it seems to get worst.

1 - at first, the ceiling was falling apart. We made an appointment for plaster on aug 10 - 2009. They didnt show up at all.

2 - then I made another appointment and the next earliest time slot available was in july 6 2010!!! I asked if theres any other appointments that are earlier, and I was told to call back periodically and find out! What the hell?! So that ticket # was 3598965, i've also kept a record of other ticket #s and dates too. I even took pictures on the ceiling and it started getting worst. Water was then leaking, and had to call customer contact center (Ccc) and made numerous appointments for the plumber.

3 - july 6 2010 arrived - the ceiling was so messed up by then, that plasterer jerry johnson said " I dont know what i'm doing yet" and took a look at the ceiling and says "he can't do anything about it. " he stated you need a to set an appointment for brick layer. We've waited nearly a year and nothings been done!

4 - now as of today [protected]) , after a number of delays with plumbing and plaster appointments (Which isnt done still) , the ceiling apparently is dried up, and we officially set a brick layer appointment which is ticket # [protected] and the date is set for jan. 12 of 2012!!! Are they kidding!??? Afraid not. Like the plastering appointment, I have to call back periodically and find out if theres an earlier date.What can be done to get this moving?
What else can I do?
Why the hell are they working so slow! Is there someone I could speak to speed this up!

housing assistant and managers

Nycha needs terminate mr glasser as the housing manager he vey old needs to retire and he is prejudice towards the tenants and ms uboil is no good and lazy housing assistant they both need to be replaced they do no do anything but collect a paycheck. They have been denying my transfer request two bed room for over 2 years my rent is paid and mr glasser keeps saying probation unti. 2/2011 they both are liars need to be terminated. When I put in another transfer, I should get
Both are violating the rules three adults living in one bedroom
I am educated and work for years in the city
Nycha should contact mr cornelius about pelham employees
I need two bedroom !!!Now it is 2010 no one lice like thus
Since 3/1991 in one apt

limited help for domestic violence survivor

My name is christrine. On april 07 2009 my ex boyfriend cut me 8 x's with a meat cleaver on my face head and back in front of my kids. I needed stitches and a blood transfusion. I could have been killed. I just recenly applied for housing under domestic violece priority and got denied that priority cause the incident was over 12 months ago. Thats crazy. Even thou he is in jail he knows where I am. I want to get out of my moms home before he gets out of jail so he cant find me. I would have applied sooner but wasnt told of this deadline period or my options. Its like dont ask dont tell. If I would have known I would have applied sonner. Just because I dont have a recent incident dosnt change the fact that I live in fear. This gotta change. I wish they could see my crime scene photos. Then maybe they would understand how dangerous this man realy is. If anyone can help me fight this or guide me please for me and behalf of my kids it would be much appreciated.. Email [protected]@gmail.com

• Co
    Concerned in the Bronx Oct 07, 2010

My father (a senior citizen) was assaulted by two men on the property of Twin Parks West. Not once, but two different times. A police report was filed the first time. I looked into getting him a transfer to a senior housing project and filled out all the paperwork. He was denied because in order to be granted an emergency transfer you have to be able to identify the people who assaulted you. Forget the fact that he was targeted for being old. So, then I apply for a regular transfer and after 6 months of calling, they tell me they don't even have the paperwork- they LOST the paperwork!

• Ju
    Jules_sweet Feb 22, 2011

Well Im surprist NYCHA denied you. THEY approved my nephew to to get an Apartment under their domestic violence program and his allegations of being threaten was dismissed by family court. He got an apartment and he is not a victim of domestic violence. So how did NYCHA denied you after a bona fine incident and the perp is in jail. Please we need to get together and go to the NEWS for help. Right now Im being evicted from my apartment. I was head of household and I allowed my nephew to live with me he and his girlfriend was helped by NYCHA and nothing criminal ever happen to him. This system is messed up and NYCHA need to be exposed

maintenance

I have been living in forest prodjects for about 8 years and the mantenance is not up to part I have been...

lack of proper repair and procedure policy

I milagros velez filed a complaint as instructed and a ticket number was given and date set. However, due to...

living conditions

The reason for this complaint is because our apartment in housing in red hook bklyn is falling apart. Last...

excessive garbage

My apartment (A tiny 1 bedroom - that I share w / my 7 year old) is located directly next to the incinerator...

cronic blasting music

Hi I have a tenant over me blasting her music everyday.. On the 3rd visit to ask her to lower it she slammed...

water damage caused by windows and walls.

It's 1100pm march 13. I have called housing about the water coming into the apartment from the windows and...

people have no choice

Hi. My name is eugene! My address is 2926 w25th str, brooklyn, ny. My parents just moved in and decided to subscribe for tv service. They were surprised to know that there is only cable vision! Cable vision provides only 4 russian channels, and they are not that good and cable vision charge them like crazy! 76 dollars for 4 russian channels and basic american package! At the same time satellite companies, such us direct tv provide more then 15 channels for 49.99 a month! I personally think that this is unfair that they have no choice! Constitution says, that people should have a right to watch what they want, not what other people tell them to watch! I called in the management and they say that the reason of this is that hardware fall down the building and could cause the damage, and even kill somebody! To be honest that was the stupidest answer I have ever heard! How could the hardware fall down the building! Its impossible! Only if I will go up, which is also impossible and throw it down!

• Ze
    zelik Feb 21, 2010

NYCHA should allow satellite dishes!

• Gr
    grvthang Feb 26, 2010

I live in a private apartment building, and we are not allowed to install satellite dishes either. Many buildings have that policy. You do have the right to watch whatever you want. You also have the right to choose where you want to live. If you want to live somewhere where you can get satellite, you can choose to live there. No one is forcing anyone to live in a NYCHA housing development.

• Ze
    zelik Mar 02, 2010

but what if i want satellite dish in NYCHA housing development? An i pretty sure other people too!

• Un
    uninvited1974 Feb 07, 2012

I agree as well i also live in NYCHA in Brooklyn and we are only able to get cable vision but cannot install a dish how can we get satellite dish on NYCHA premises without getting evicted??

• Sh
    SHA777 Sep 29, 2014

GOD WILL OPEN DOORS NYCHA WONT

broken fridge

Had a broken fridge since june 2009. I literally have a family of roaches living in there. This ticket wa...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices