Netspend Prepaid Mastercard / lack of customer service
On 02-16-07 my Netspend card was lost when I went to the atm. Within minutes I realized what I had done and was on the phone to Netspend to cancel the card.
It took them a very long time to help me because I did not know my card number. Finally I was told they would cancel my current card and after I paid them $9.95 they would reissue a new card which I would receive in 7 to 10 days.
I explained to the rep. that I had just been paid and needed to get cash to care for my family and that I only had $13.00 cash to support two boys for two weeks. I asked if they could Fed. Ex. my card to me and take the shipping costs out of my account. He said he could not do that.
They have no plan in place to help people in an emergency. They have no desire to help people in an emergency. They collect fees from people in an emergency.
It has been ten days and I still have no card. My family is suffering because I have no access to cash and I am unable to put gas in my car to go to work or to buy food for my sons to eat and my rent is due.
What makes this even worse is that I get paid again in two days and will not even have access to that money because it is too late to cancel the direct deposit. And I will not have access to that money either.
The rep. I spoke to today said I should get my card on 03/05/07.
Having this card puts you at extreme risk if you lose it because you have no ability to access your funds any other way.
When I called today I was told they would gladly send me my money via check, which I would receive within 30 days.
In the mean time, my family of three has just eaten out last can of soup. And today Netspend charged me $9.95 for my all access fee.
Run from this company. They are not there to offer any support to you. They are only there to collect their fees for offering you no service.
More Netspend Prepaid Mastercard Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Netspend Corporation - netspend is so messed up! 
- [Resolved] Netspend - irs refund direct deposit do not do!! 
- [Resolved] Netspend - unauthorized transaction dispute 
- [Resolved] Netspend - account locked 
- Skylight Financial - poor customer service/high fees 
- Netspend Corporation - account locked
- Netspend Corporation - chargebacks
- Netspend - block my account for no reason and holding my funds
- Netspend Corporation - prepaid card
- Netspend Corporation - provisional credit