Netspend Prepaid Mastercard / lack of customer service

On 02-16-07 my Netspend card was lost when I went to the atm. Within minutes I realized what I had done and was on the phone to Netspend to cancel the card.

It took them a very long time to help me because I did not know my card number. Finally I was told they would cancel my current card and after I paid them $9.95 they would reissue a new card which I would receive in 7 to 10 days.

I explained to the rep. that I had just been paid and needed to get cash to care for my family and that I only had $13.00 cash to support two boys for two weeks. I asked if they could Fed. Ex. my card to me and take the shipping costs out of my account. He said he could not do that.

They have no plan in place to help people in an emergency. They have no desire to help people in an emergency. They collect fees from people in an emergency.

It has been ten days and I still have no card. My family is suffering because I have no access to cash and I am unable to put gas in my car to go to work or to buy food for my sons to eat and my rent is due.

What makes this even worse is that I get paid again in two days and will not even have access to that money because it is too late to cancel the direct deposit. And I will not have access to that money either.

The rep. I spoke to today said I should get my card on 03/05/07.

Having this card puts you at extreme risk if you lose it because you have no ability to access your funds any other way.

When I called today I was told they would gladly send me my money via check, which I would receive within 30 days.

In the mean time, my family of three has just eaten out last can of soup. And today Netspend charged me $9.95 for my all access fee.

Run from this company. They are not there to offer any support to you. They are only there to collect their fees for offering you no service.

Comments

Mo
  24th of Mar, 2007

Did they ever resolve this for you?

Ci
  26th of Jan, 2009

I am sorry for you situation. But I have had nothing but good experiances with them. If you order 2 cards and keep one put up at home somewhere you would not have a problem. May I suggest that from now on, even if you go to another prepaid institution. Always keep an additional card. (ps. it will work because it will be a different number and pin, and you can always cancel the one you lost)

Lu
  24th of Apr, 2011

No offense, but it is never smart to put all of your money in one place. That's why investors say 'diversify'. It's good to hold physical cash for emergencies, maybe one or two of these cards, a credit card, an additional debit card AND gold or silver on top of other investments. Now THAT'S being smart with your money.

Bu
  14th of Feb, 2014

you said you was oning to give me my pin your have a problem with you customer they do bad business you going to give me my pin i talk with the corpr office iam lester butts that.s bad business can you send my pin to my e mail this is my e mail lesterbutts14@yahoo.com this one po box 2136 austin tx 78768 send it to my e mail now i am not playing no more i maning business if you can, t give me my pin i want my money back now and it to this address 507 e church st
jacksonville fl 32202 thank you and have a nice day