[Resolved] Netspend / not being able to access my funds

I had multiple transactions with my netspend card being credited because the vendor didn't have cash to pay me. So your risk management put a restriction on my card for almost a week now and it hasn't been lifted. They risk management has told me I have resolve this by going back to the vendors and have them reverse the credits. Why am I being held accountable for the vendors mistakes? Plus your customer service operators told me the block will be lifted within 48 hours. Risk management tells me I shouldn't listen to them. What good is customer service if there misinforming you. I want this issue resolved or I'm taking this to a higher level. I've been a customer for a long time and this is how you treat your customers. Shame on you.

• Resolution statement

• NetSpend Corporation Customer Care's Response, Nov 17, 2017

Dear Matt,

We understand your concerns and apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced. When a return credit is received on a Card Account that does not correspond with a prior debit transaction on that Card Account, it is our policy to request the original purchase receipt to authenticate the return credit in accordance with our responsibilities under the Visa Processing Rules, or ask that the merchant reverse the return credit. For security reasons, the Card Account also remains restricted until we receive the original purchase receipt or the merchant reverses the return credit.

If you can send your original purchase receipts to [protected]@netspend.com, we should be able to assist in getting the restriction removed. With out the original receipts, the merchant will need to reverse the credits through their Merchant Services.

Netspend