[Resolved] Netspendcharges

I received a netspend debit visa card for christmas, 12/25/14, after reading how to activate and the fees section I tried to return it to the place of purchase, they said because there was money on the card they couldn't take it back. So I decided try to activate the card and just use it one time. I called netspend on 12 27 14, after 3 people and over an hour on the phone they said it was ready to use. Today 12 29 14 I tried using the card and it was refused. Again I call netspend only to find out I had a balance of $39.50 out of $50.00 which I haven't spent a dime. I was furious and told them to cancel the card and send me a check for the balance. I was told I was going to be charged another $5.95 for canceling the card and I should have the check in 20 days or less.
This company is nothing but a scam. So out of $50.00 gift i'm getting $33.00 and change. This is wrong! This company should be stopped and should be made to return all and any money's they have stolen from people.
I'm also going to complain to the store where the card was purchased in hopes they will take this company's merchandise off the shelves.

• Resolution statement

• NetSpend Corporation Customer Care's Response, Jan 14, 2015

Dear Judy,

We understand your concern regarding the fees associated with our card. We can assure you that these fees are charged due to the services we provide with our accounts. NetSpend also offers different fee plans that can help save you money. For more information we recommend going to https://www.netspend.com/how_it_works/what_it_costs.shtml.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. Hopefully, you should receive your refund check in the mail soon.

NetSpend