[Resolved] Netspend

4.1
Netspend
Phone: 186-63211363
www.netspend.com
I added money to my netspend card 50.00 dollars got home went to the netspend website and tracked my spending. I just added 50.00 dollars, but it said in the transaction history 49.00 a transaction fee of a dollar on top of the 53.95 i had to pay to put money on the card i made no purchase just added money to the card. I called netspend they said it was a dollar transaction fee, but i made no purchase the customer service person barley spoke english, then got upset when i asked for someone that spoke english. Everytime i put money on my card i never got the full amount. It was always a dollar short netspend would not give me a refund and still says it's because of purchases i made, which is bullsh*t so what i did. I used all the money on my card and never reloaded if you add money to your netspend card check your transaction history everytime you load the card or buy something netspend will get you if you don't watch it! Also the refer a friend and get 5 bucks it's never been that easy for me i had to fight with customer service to get credit for every person i referred. I referred all of my friends there has to be something done about netspend someone file a lawsuit and lets all rejoice in all the money that they owe us!

Resolution statement

NetSpend Customer Care's Response, Jun 05, 2014
Dear Jayda916.

We understand your concern regarding the fees associated with your account. These fees are charged due the services we offer with the card.

We know that ATM fees can add up and to avoid ATMs, we recommend the following options:

* Request cash back from debit purchases (in the grocery store for example).

* Perform an over-the-counter withdraw inside of a local bank (if available). You can withdraw up to 4999.99 at one time - good to use to avoid multiple ATM withdraws.

* Purchase money orders using the debit method, if you need to pay a bill.

Please feel free to contact us should you have any other concerns regarding your account.

NetSpend Customer Care's Response, May 21, 2015
Hello,

We understand the frustration of not having a card for your account, however, we would love to assist in this matter. Could you please submit an email to social@netspend.com. Please provide some information for the account, or a good contact number and someone will address this for you.

Thanks,
NetSpend Customer Care's Response, Jul 15, 2015
Thank you for feedback. We apologize for any inconvenience you have received. PLease contact us at feedback@netspend.com if you are need of assistance.

Thanks
Netspend
Complaint comments Comments (31) Complaint country United States Complaint category Unauthorized Charges

Comments

A  30th of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
I have been dealing with Netspend Customer Service trying to get them to release a $150 hold on my card from a hotel stay. I completely agree that their service is horrible. Every time I've called I get someone different who tells me something different. I have made about 10 international calls to the hotel where I stayed which have cost me about $35. And every time I get no result, I call Netspend again and they tell me that they still cannot release it. Whatever action I had taken was insufficient. When I would tell them that the person I talked to at Netspend previously had told me to take that action, they would just say that they must have overlooked this or that, and that they could not violate their policy. I will never use one of these cards again.
D  9th of Sep, 2008 by    +1 Votes
Dude, you should've signed up for the $7.95 monthly account fee and that way you don't get any wierd dollar charges. You still get charged for ATM use so just don't ever use the ATM! If you need cash just get "cash back" when your's buying gas or milk or whatever.
N  9th of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes
Yeah, I had hotel AND car rental problems with Netspend. Best bet - don't use debit cards on these items! Buying martinis? Fine. Donuts? Sure. But any kind of internation or travel or vacation or home improvement? no, no, no, use a real credit card for that.
A  29th of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes
well im serious about suing netspend i got 2 new cards one for me and one for my wife they put a hold on my account and i called with my wife they said that she previously had a account that was over drawn 138 dollars and asked how because its prepaid and they would not tell us and they put a hold i told them to let me talk to your boss and i was hung up on and they closed my account with out my permission and said they would send me a check i wanting to sue them any suggestions
N  18th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes

NetSpend - Reload Centers
NetSpend

If you happen to have a NetSpend credit card, they are IMPOSSIBLE to reload. I used the Zip Code search button on their website to find a NetSpend Reload Center near me. NONE of the Reload Centers that appeared on the generated map had even HEARD of NetSpend! What a crock.
N  29th of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes
load free at heb
N  29th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
Don't even THINK of reloading a Net spend card!!!

They will rip you off big time... Look at all these other posts, enough said!
A  13th of Oct, 2009 by    +1 Votes
While the President is pushing Comsumer Protecion, NETSPEND need to be disciplined and Refund all excessive charges to Debit Card holders. I recently made a debit withrawal of $20 from a Metbank ATM machine in Baltimore. Metabank hold Netspend customers funds in their bank. They charged $2.50 and $1.50 additional for this transaction, total $5.00 for a ATM transaction of $20.00.
D  27th of Oct, 2009 by    +1 Votes
These charges are not excessive since they are clearly stated in the terms and conditions of the card and on the ATM machine. Most banks charge a fee when using another bank's ATM and then the ATM owner will charge their own fee as well. I try to stay away from ATMs all together and get cash back from debit purchases.
A  10th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
I too have a hold on my money now for over 3 weeks! The CSRs can hardly speak english, and they do not want to transfer me to their supervisor...im currently approaching 45 minutes on hold. I want my money. The hotel I stayed in credited my deposit back, and "stay pholio" they asked for was sent from the hotel. they told me when I sent this "pholio" the money would be credited immediately. guess what...they still refused to give me my money when I had done what they asked...how do we file a lawsuit?
N  1st of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
I HAD MY TAX REFUND SENT TO MY NETSPEND ACCOUNT AND STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED IT...NETPEND IS ###
A  26th of Jan, 2011 by    -1 Votes
I have had on numerous occasions funds held (hotel stay, food purchase at hotel) held in excess. 5 months and 20 phone calls later, they relesed my funds. Is anyone aware of a company called Providian? They were a credit card co. designed to HELP people re-build credit. They did the same thing and were sued in a class action. Netspend is appears to me, is following the same path . By holding our money and temporarly placing it in another account, they will make millions even by taking $1.00 from every card holder for 15 days!! So imagine how much they are really making by taking $115.00 from me for 5 months alone, times all the other card holders. $10.00, $20.00, $100.00 equates to billions they are making in intrest- probably in some offshore account! I say we all sue and stop them now!!! fed up w/lyers
A  2nd of Feb, 2011 by    0 Votes
My name is Ted and I do agree with what all of you are saying. Iam willing to file a lawsuit. Does anyone know where they are located? I am from Minnesota but have much time and unlimted flying miles. What they are doing is wrong. Any response please respond to my email.

jumpticket@yahoo.com
D  14th of Feb, 2011 by    0 Votes
the refer a friend program is bologna they say id you refer a friend they will give you money for referring a friend its never been that easy for me. netspend goes above and beyond not to give you a referral bonus!! someone should sue netspend i been searching complaints about netspend on the better business bureau you should see all the complaints it seems if you file a complaint with the bbb about netspend they respond to the bbb because if they dont the bbb can shut netspend down if anyone wants to file a suit against netspend i have had my own problems putting 20 bucks on my card getting home cecking my balance online and i only got 19.00 on my card email me at my email below im all for filing suit against netspend!

datdude1969@yahoo.com

Apple Valley
California
Phone: 17606286903
sandreamurphy81@yahoo.com

every time i deposit money on the netspend debit card..net spend takes it all they charge me for calling and checking balance, , soon as i deposit money net-spend takes all my money i've been going through this for about 3 years with them they have took 5, 000 dollars from me all together, please somebody help me
A  12th of Feb, 2012 by    0 Votes
I just had my netSpend account accessed via a mystery debit card in Singapore. From what I'm reading, I'm guessing that I'll never see the $510 that was stolen. Then when you report it, they tell you it will be ten days before you get confirmation, good or bad, from them. When I first reported this there were pending transactions from Swiss Clear Global on the account. The customer service rep said that they had to let them post or "clear" before they could start the investigation process. What is that...you want to let them HAVE my money and THEN you'll persue an investigation?!?!? From other letters / complaints I've read, my assumption is that they will do nothing and I will be out the money. I've actually had the account for 2+ years and this is the first issue I've had. But, it does not instill a lot of confidence when they really don't seem to care and can't find the time to update you when changes happen in the investigation. Be VERY CAUTIOUS!
N  27th of Mar, 2013 by    0 Votes
If you're completely frustrated with your experience with a Netspend prepaid debit card and don't know what to do, PLEASE READ THIS POST!!! I am not affiliated with Netspend. If you're tired of getting the runaround and nowhere using 1-86NETSPEND or feedback@netspend.com, then use these telephone numbers to talk to personnel at Netspend Corporate headquarters. (512) 532-8200 ext 8780 or (512) 531-8654 between 8:00am-5:00pm Central Time(US). You will most likely get a voicemail, however, it is key to leave a professional sounding message with your return number. My girlfriend had her tax refund put on a Netspend Premier Visa Prepaid Debit Card, and they blocked her account after she used it. I found these phone numbers after days of internet research. They called her back, had her electronically(email) send the requested personal information, and after she confirmed Netspend received it, they lifted the block on her account. We immediately went to the nearest bank and withdrew all of her money from the card. She closed her Netspend account and cutup the card. So, there is still hope for everybody experiencing the same frustration. Please feel free to share this post or the corporate phone numbers I've provided!!!
N  13th of Feb, 2014 by    +1 Votes
Account locked for no reason, with no notification, not an email, phone call, or text. Had to find out by getting more than embarrassed at the register when my card was declined.
A  17th of May, 2014 by    0 Votes
Well I am also fed up with all the additional fees that netspend charges and I am considering suing these people. How dare they charge $9.95 a month and then for every transaction not only do I get the atm charges but also netspend takes an additional $2.50 for all transactions, this is robbery and not to mention I am a poor person.
D  20th of May, 2015 by    0 Votes
NetSpend is the biggest waste of time ever!! They have a block on my account which has over a thousand dollars in it from my tax refunds. It has been 2 months and about 30 phone calls. I keep getting the run around. Every CSR tells me something different. I've sent every document they have asked for. Still nothing. I'm 7 months pregnant and the stress and annoyance from this company has me at my breaking point. I will be taking legal action if I do not receive my funds within the next week. Oh and if they tell you they are sending you a check forget it. You won't get it. This company is absolutely ridiculous!

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree