Netspend / criminal activity!
I received an email from Netspend congratulating me on selecting their pre-paid debit card. The problem is, I didn't. When I called to find out what was going on, they wouldn't help me without my card number. I didn't have a card, so I didn't have a number.
I was told they needed my name and social security number to move forward. Naturally, I did not share that information with them. I explained that they should be able to connect the email address they used to contact me with the card in question. "Erica" claimed they couldn't.
I believe this company is generating hundreds, or perhaps even millions of emails to unsuspecting people in order to get their names and SSN's to commit identity theft. I'll be contacting the FTC and the Attorneys General of Texas and NJ first thing Monday morning.
These people are criminals.
More Netspend Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Netspend Corporation - netspend is so messed up! 
- [Resolved] Netspend - irs refund direct deposit do not do!! 
- [Resolved] Netspend - unauthorized transaction dispute 
- Skylight Financial - poor customer service/high fees 
- [Resolved] Netspend Prepaid Visa Credit Card - nothing but embarrassment and severe inconvenience! 
- Netspend Corporation - skylight paycard
- Netspend Corporation - Customer services
- Netspend Corporation - stolen monies debit card
- Netspend Corporation - paypal prepaid mastercard
- Netspend Corporation - my money