NetQuote / Stay away!

United States Review updated:
3.75

STAY AWAY FROM NETQUOTE. The quality of the leads are extremely poor. I was not told that the leads would also go to 3 or 4 other local agents. I had to sign up for three months and was promised highest quality leads. If you get a false name they will give you credit if you notify them within 48 hours. My big problem came after I canceled the service. They called two weeks later to inquire how I liked the service. I told them it was a very poor investment on my part. He asked if they could provide free home leads as they should be better. I agreed to the free home leads in order to evaluate them as he suggested.

However, those leads were just as bad and then without my authorization they started charging my credit card. AS soon as I noticed the billing, I called to complain but got nowhere. I asked to cancel all services. They billed me once again and I again called to complain. Then they took an 'official' cancellation. I am now having a hell of a time getting Capital One to take the charges off. I may have to contact our Atty General to see what can be done about unauthorized credit card charges.
Va

Comments

Jc
  9th of Dec, 2008
Netquote.com is 100% crooks. scammers.
Jc
  9th of Dec, 2008
Yes, netquote is 100% scammers & crooks
Lf
  10th of Feb, 2009
I agree with you stay away from netquotes they put 10 leads on my trial month of 15 leads that I did not authorize or ask for they did not tell me that I had to buy per zip code or how it even worked. They charged me 165 dollars for crappy leads!
Ds
  23rd of Apr, 2009
As for Capital One, you should switch to American Express. Their dispute is great and usually reverse the charges if it was a scam.