Net10 Wireless / terrible customer & internet service

I am a Net10 customer, who has had no problems with their phone or service to date. However, now I am trying to order a reconditioned Motorola v171 phone ($39.99) from them for an other family member.

At first, I tried to enter the order on their web site, as that's the only place their reconditioned phones appear (not at a retailer). No matter what info I entered, or which credit card I used, Their system said the purchase was denied by the credit card company.

I called their toll-free number, and spoke with a rep. He was nice, but couldn't get it to go thru either. He suggested waiting 24 hours, and trying again.

After 24 hours I tried again with same results. I had in the meantime checked with the CC companies, and not one said any request from Net10 had even been received.

I called their toll-free number again, and this time a lady said she'd have to transfer me. A almost non-english speaking fellow said he'd process the order for me at $49.99. I told him the web site said $39.99. He curtly told me to go there then. I told him I couldn't get it to go through. He said that was the only way to buy a reconditioned phone from them. I asked to speak to his supervisor. I was put on hold for 20 minutes, so I hung up.

I have tried again today, on their web-site, with same results. I even tried ordering a new phone with same results.

I can not get their "contact us" email system to work either.

I can not find out where they are located even.

How does such a company exist???

Does anyone there care about sore customers???

Comments

• Re
      25th of Jul, 2009

I bought a flip phone bluetooth and had problems right away with the battery, they sent me a new one that still didn't fix the problem, so after two weeks of customer service(nightmare) The lady told me they would send me a new phone with new stuff and it would be blue tooth. got the phone nothing like the lady said it was and it was not even blue tooth. I called customer service and this time got a man he said nothing was in the file about me getting the phone the lady said I would be getting and that they only cover the phone and not the blue tooth and wanted me to send everything back. I tried to explain to him my phone was blue tooth but could not get him to realize that so now I'm out 60.oo dollars for a phone I can't use, and noone there seems to care.Will not deal with them again. I switch to virgin.

• Ro
      17th of Jun, 2011

I have had my net 10 since 2006...Ihad my activation period built up until 2014...then they came out with these $25 pin cardsand you get 750...well as soon as I added the pin card it took all my earned time away, and now every time I add time...it messes up..the last 4 cards I've had to call, be put on hold..etc, etc...now I put on a card 2 days early, and also had to do it calling, and now my phone has to be reactivated...They better do something different, or they are going to lose a lot of customers...me included, already looking for a different phone...but 1st I have to reactivate this darn phone so I can use my minutes I bought early...WOW..WHAT A HEADACHE...

• Ro
      17th of Jun, 2011

This is 2011 people...electronics are souring, phones are outstanding...there is no reason why Net 10 should be having the problems its having, and causing so many of its customers...I have had Net 12 for several years now...at 1st it was great, now its just a headache trying to add minutes, and that use to be a simple procedure...now...OMG...my money, my minutes and my time are valuable to me and I don't like the hassle net10 has become...

• Ki
      6th of Oct, 2011

Net10 used to be wonderful! I would recommend them to everybody! Now, after trying to add time to both of my childrens' phones, one week later, I have accumulated lost contractual days and 4 days, totaling over 10 hours with customer and tech support...still phone not working. In addition, they provided us with bogus phone numbers..numbers that belonged to a tracphone client. (That way they can say our phones were active) ..I would not want my enemy to have to go through the headache Net10 puts its customers through. I paid for 30 days of service over the phone. It is a legal binding contract they provide me with what I paid for. 7 days later, phones still not working. funny though, the ticker on service days keeps ticking down. they refuse to credit me the days..and after asking to speak to a manager, the girls (this happened two times) told me to have a nice day and "the service days in our system are correct." Essentially they are saying to our customers, "we are ripping you off, if you don't like it, sue us...we don't care." As if they are protected somehow. And perhaps they are. I have NEVER been treated so rudely when asking for my service days paid for.

26th of Mar, 2013

net10 the world's most terrible service and most the manaller name ricardo flore number 78007 who laughed at my person he told me to put my phone outside of the window for better resesion