Nespresso / awful company

United States Review updated:
4.65

I would have once rated The Nespresso Club highly but this year is a different story. Nespresso has left a bitter taste in my mouth, and not because of their coffee. I used to love Nespresso Club but that's all changed. Things do go wrong and when companies put them right it leaves you feeling more loyal. Nespresso Club had ample chance to redeem themselves but failed at every hurdle I feel. You know when you just can't get any rhyme or reason out of a company? I feel Nespresso Club are plainly at fault in this matter and still I don't have my coffee machine 6 months later! I have wasted hours on the phone. I am a busy professional woman who a) does not need this hassle b) needs her coffee fix! SUMMARY of ISSUES: 1. Machine broke, returned my machine in Jan/Feb. 2. Took months to fix - I had to chase Nespresso Club when they didn't deliver. 3. Temporary machine provided (lower spec). 4. They returned the wrong one. 5. Nespresso Club still think it's my machine when I know it's not (because it's clearly an older machine with dirty coffee stained and scratched). 6. FInally agree pick up, waited in twice for delivery/collection - no one came (even though it was booked-in!). 7. Customer Service agent at Nespresso Club promised me a new machine. 8. Then a manager tells me they will not stand by this promise and that the customer service lady I spoke to should not have promised me that. 9. The same Manager at Nespresso Club reassures me my machine will be returned within 10 days. 10. Silence since then from Nespresso Club. I phoned 5th July and nobody called me back so far. Nespresso Club still hasn't returned my machine as of 11th July. Nespresso club did not follow up to check my machine was delivered back and repaired as promised. Yet again, I called Nespresso Club today and they say it is awaiting parts, but Nespresso Club have no ETA for my parts. They refuse to give me an email address for the UK director of Nespresso Club and say I have to wait until the manager I spoke to earlier is back from holiday. I asked Nespresso Club for compensation and received two coffee cups and capsules two weeks ago. But guess what - I've got no coffee machine to use them with!
Va

Comments

An
  29th of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree +3 Votes
I agree! Machines are plastic and poorly made. I feel the coffee is fair not a great espresso, but ok for when you are on the go. NOT for the coffee connoisseur.

I also attended a special event and "Michelle McFaul" (got her name from the "barista")I believe she is the Marketing Director was just a sour/angry woman. She was mistreating the caterers and her employees. Even herd her mention "These Mexicans" GROSS LADY. You never know who is listening to you.

Oh well. I am returning my machine and my friend who has one their larger machines will be returning his too. At least the party was nice.
Rm
  7th of Jul, 2009
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
How can anyone be so silly to buy a coffee machine in the first place from Nespresso when you have to buy their coffee (PODS) which works out to $150 USD per kilo! That is the Nespresso Scam.
Ky
  10th of Aug, 2009
Agree Disagree -3 Votes
I have never experiencesd customer service as good as Nespresso. People on the phone are friendly and helpful. I have never had a problem with my machine (in 3 years) and the coffee arrives in two days (at most). Not to mention one of the best coffee's ive ever had and hassle free. Nespresso is a no brainer to me!
Co
  4th of Jun, 2010
I am so elated to find this site and to discover the comments I was unsure of posting were being shared by others. I was very excited to have my machine because of it's look and ease of use but when I stumbled across a wrong delivery of coffee and an overcharge on my credit card (by a "kid" clearly on the other line. In fact, every time I have called for my coffee order or help with my machine, it's clearly not a mature adult on the other end?)
Moving on, I am a good customer (I buy ALOT of coffee and have purchased several machines.) I was invited to an event recently in Miami Beach for the new Nespresso store. The chefs were near C-list but the store is quite lovely. However, I too was very offended by the lack of professional attention during this evening.
It seemed like the staff and employees of Nespresso were more concerned about hosting their boss who was there that night then the guests. And, to the women's point above (A. Anderson) I think the woman you are describing "Michelle Mcfaul" is the same woman I witnessed running around like a corpse on speed yelling at everyone, grunting like a dog and would only pay attention to the President, a couple C-list crowd people and some girl who appeared to also work for the company but had the energy and personality of a rock.

I am going to wait and get my coffee from a competitor which I hear is making coffee pods for much less and can be used with the Nespresso machines. I will no longer pay or contribute to this business filled with poor staff, horrible customer service, and anything far from what should be expected from a luxury brand.
If necessary, I'll get my Starbucks pods and buy a machine just as similar to avoid this brand.
Br
  2nd of Aug, 2011
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I have an automatic Nespresso Machine purchased from John Lewis 8tears ago & its still working great and I have no issue with the staff or delivery of the capsules. I have tried the so called reuseable & fillable third party capsules and they are not that satisfactory.Stick to the Nespreeso capsules and your won't go far wrong.
The only crititism I have is all of the glossy promo booklets showcasing the new coffee.I think it is a complete waste of resorces.I have spoken to staff about this & have suggested a much better way to promote a new Capsule is to send a small sample to members to try & to cut out all the glossey booklets.Brian Wright
Pa
  26th of Aug, 2011
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I have had a very bad experience with delivery of nespresso pods to the republic of Ireland, no explanation was ever given from the telephone support staff, they were as nice as pie with an endless supply of reassurances but despite a multitude of calls to their freephone 'support line' no delivery was made, I ultimately had to chase them to get my money refunded too. Really peeved with the Nespresso club and considered changing machines, but their coffee is so damn addictive that I ended up travelling to Dublin to pick up a supply!!! curse me and my weak decaffinated will!!
Ma
  5th of Sep, 2011
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
My experience thus far is this;

I went to register on there website, and ordered my coffee machine. I got an email straight away to say I would get another email with my membership number on soon.

Twenty minutes later a got another email saying they had received my order and I would get a further email when the good were dispatched. At this point I tried to log back in and couldn’t.

I rang customer services to tell them I couldn’t login to their website and they said it was because I hadn’t received my membership number.

So two hours later I got another email with my membership number; I could now login.

Ten minutes later I got another email saying my account was on hold and I needed to contact them. At this point I couldn’t login to the website again so I phoned them up again. I was told this was probably because my account was on hold and I asked them why.

Turns out they wanted me to send in a utility bill just in case I was a fraudster. So I sent an email in (with a weird email address) to the accounts department. One day later I received an email telling me that my order had been dispatched and at that point I could login to the website again.

Three days later I received my coffee machine. I took the tired looking box out of the plastic packaging and opened it up and read the instructions carefully. I filled up the water reservoir and turned the machine on and water started to leak out of the bottom of the machine, first slowly and then quite quickly.

Another phone call ensued and after been put through to another department to speak to ‘technical’ they agreed to send me a new one. They want me to wait in all day for them to pick it up though!

I am now wondering whether I have done the right thing or if I should have asked for a refund. Looking at the company so far I think I’m in for a rough ride.

The staff were always polite but you just feel what a terribly poor company.
Tj
  30th of Oct, 2011
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
Nespresso has good coffee and good machines backed up by the worst customer service on the planet!! I bought my Le Cube machine two years ago with the Aeroncino Frother on the side and have probably spent about $2500 since on capsules. My frother stopped working suddenly and i called their 800 number thinking that they would replace it immediately, as any good American company would do. But they are European, and some French snob explained to me why i need to pay $120 for a new frother. I explained tgat their machine is made badly and that even if it was my fault, the fact that i spend so much money with them should make them want to send me a replacement right away, he just kept arguing with me. I told him he is risking loosing a good customer and he said OK. Tgat was it. So now my frotherxdoes'nt work and i'm not paying full price for a new one! I will swith to an Illie cafe machine and Nespresso will have 20 negative online reviews from me and loose way more than the price of the little frother that couldn't!
Un
  18th of Jan, 2013
Agree Disagree +3 Votes
Bought my machine a week ago. Registered and ordered online. Got an e-mail with subject line "CA orders are delayed" and in the body it begins: "We are writing to inform you that due to circumstances beyond our control your most recent order will be delayed." This e-mail arrived on January 15th. On Jan 17th, received the following e-mail : "Thank you for your recent order at www.nespresso.com

We regret to inform you that we have been unable to process this order, and it remains on hold in our system.

Please contact the Nespresso Club directly at 800-562-1465, so that we might resolve this for you as soon
as possible.Our phone lines are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

This order will remain on hold for 2 days while we await your response; after 2 days the order will be
removed from our system.

We apologize for any inconvenience

Yours sincerely,
Nespresso US

I have called the number provided and was transferred to a number in Montreal. Waited for 20 minutes, but never got to speak to a live person. Tried 4 times after that, always getting a message that they are experiencing above normal wait times. Yesterday was on hold for 72 minutes which led me to believe that there is no one at the other end. Tried again this morning, same story. I have made a humongous mistake in buying this machine. If this is what I have to look forward to, I think I'm going to write this off as an expensive lesson and return to using my Keurig, at least it is reliable and I can buy the pods at the grocery store.
DSC
Ja
  23rd of Jan, 2013
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I would avoid doing business with this company at any opportunity - they have no customer care! Will not budge from their T & C's when it suits them but when its their error they do!! Not helpful in any form or manner!
Ea
  28th of Jan, 2013
Agree Disagree +3 Votes
I can't get thru to customer service either. I have tried in the morning, middle of the day, and evening and get the same message: We are experiencing above normal wait times. I do not think there is anyone answering calls. I am also waiting for the $100 rebate, which was supposed to take 2 to 4 weeks. Four weeks have passed. There's no one to ask, complain to, or ask questions of.
Co
  8th of Feb, 2013

Nespresso - Customer Service
Nespresso
Alberta
Canada

Nespresso - worst product and consumer experience of my life...

I had received a Nespresso Pixie machine as a housewarming gift and for the past 4 months have experienced nothing but hassles in trying to get the machine repaired so it will function properly. Right out of the box from day one it was malfunctioning.

Although the machine has already been sent to the repair centre TWICE it continues to malfunction. Due to their strict timeframes, they will not provide me with a brand new replacement. Dealing with Nespresso customer service is an absolute nightmare - you will often be on hold for ridiculous amount of time or you will be told they will get back to you and you will receive call backs with no information other than to call them back at the call centre. Even if you escalate your case it is virtually impossible to call and speak with anyone directly.

If you have the misfortune of owning one of their products I wish you good luck because once something goes wrong (this is a safe bet that this will happen) you will experience nothing short of agony in trying to get it fixed or in trying to get any resolution from Nespresso.

I regret the day I ever heard of Nespresso and would strongly encourage you to think twice about purchasing one. My experience with Nespresso can only be described as the worst consumer and product experience of my entire adult life.
Su
  16th of Apr, 2013
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I could not agree more. Nespresso service took a 180 degree turn. Once pleasant and helpful, now rude and useless. I had several issues with Nespresso lately and got even more aggravated after calling them. I'm going to give other companies a try. They don't deserve my business.
Cr
  23rd of Jun, 2014
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I'm having such a hard time with Nespresso Customer Service that I'm so fed up with the lack luster service... I've created a Nespresso page, join me at https://www.facebook.com/groups/NespressoCSF/
De
  30th of Jul, 2014
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I buy everything at Costco...I bought the espresso machine Clitz...ran out of coffee pods I thought I can get the coffee at Costco and NO I have to order it????? what ? who does that??? or go to the only boutique in my area which is 20 miles away one way...so I pay for the coffee which is expensive and my gas????? Are these people living in the same planet we are??? so I order on line and I have to pay for shipping on top of this coffee is so expensive ... I guess I'm taking the machine back to Costco...
Bn
  7th of Oct, 2014
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I purchased three Nespresso coffee machines - one for my home - and my office - and my Whistler home. all three are not working properly. The coffee comes out in drips and it takes over 5 to 10 minutes to get a full cup. All three have the same problem. After reading the complaints in this site, I can conclude that there is no point in contacting Nespresso. I will just throw all three out and use a paper filter with Tim Hortons's coffee. Less than half the price and the taste of the coffee is twice as good.
GOODBYE NESPRESSO !!
Lo
  16th of Dec, 2014
Nespresso the company with Smoke and Mirror marketing

Buy a machine and get 75 dollar credit big bold avertising ... beware and read the fine print

They don't mention it does not apply to a discounted machine which is misleading all promotions should apply ... again read the fine print ... I find this very misleading ... I am very disappointed a

I will be getting rid of my machine soon and going back to an old school machine
Su
  11th of Jan, 2015
The £75 promotion credit applied to your account to buy a machine in Dec 2014 seems invalid. Nespresso promotions do not accept my serial number from a machine bought from John Lewis, I've had several communtioncs with them to no avail. I had no choice but to go into the Nespresso Boutique to buy first coffee order and submitted my receipt to promotions so they can give me first £25 credit, still waiting to hear.

I, m totally frustrated with this whole service and would inform people thinking about buying a nespressor machine to buy one where you can simply pop I too supermarket to purchase, as online sales mean you have to buy packs of 10 pods in bulk of 50 before they send out to you! Unless you live close to a store the. You can buy packs in 2, 3 or 5 whatever you want, but not from the online ordering store!
Rh
  2nd of Feb, 2015
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Hi everyone.
I was not pleased with my Nespresso products, especially the coffee.
I came across this great company called CRU Kafe. They're a start up based in London, and offer speciality coffee, organic and ethically sourced. Here's their website: https://www.crukafe.co.uk/
Use NEWCRU for 20% off your first order