NC Blue Cross/Blue Shield / health care

1 Durham, NC, United States

Ha. The local paper just reported that 2 executives at NC Blue Cross/Blue Shield got over one million dollar bonuses. These are the same people who just sent me a revised 'Explanation of Benefits' for a procedure I had done 10 months ago and had paid in full. They pretty much lied to me and said that the company that provided my service had refiled a claim with them for the service from 10 months ago(May, 2016). After multiple phone calls to the company who did the service, I felt certain they had not refiled anything. I also now believe this same issue is happening with thousands of people. Finally, after a whole lot of hassle and my request that they contact the other company, BCBS admitted that they had 'fixed an error' and that I am pretty much on the hook for something that happened 10 months ago. I filed an email claim with NC Insurance asking if that's even legal and what prevents them from coming back again, and again. Horrible thing to do while the few at the top rake in millions. I could not sleep at night if I stole from the little people. Horrible ethics and a dishonest company.

Ir