Nb Toshiba L300 - 138 / did n't give toshiba cd

1 Saudi Arabia Review updated:

Most new Notebooks do not come with setup disks. Generally there is a partition on the Hard Drive which contains the setup files, and allows you do to a recovery/restore. With the Toshiba models, try this if you want to create your own set of disks:
Start - All Programs - Recovery Disc Creator
(there may be an icon for this on your desktop)
the Manual that comes with the Notebook should also give you some information about this process, and is probably supplied as a pdf file, have a look for a Toshiba folder in 'All Programs'.
Good Luck!

Mi

Comments

• Os
      23rd of Jul, 2008

this model is not coming with operating system, so there is no cd with the laptop

• As
      8th of Aug, 2008

I purchased one of these in Doha 2 days ago after lots of research on the product.

Toshiba clearly mentions that it is a Notebook without ANY OPERATING SYSTEM - and that is true. Even DOS of any type is not loaded. The HDD comes totally empty for the client to do as he / she may like to do.

Since there is no bundled operating system or any software with this notebook, Toshiba does not provide any Recovery CD or DVD (How can they if they are not giving any Op system ????).

The price in Middle East is almost US$100 than in USA. But no option - I wud like to buy where I can walk in in case of a problem.

• Se
      31st of Aug, 2008

To the compliant,

For additional information of your purchased notebook visit this link http://gulf.computers.toshiba-europe.com/cgi-bin/ToshibaCSG/jsp/productPage.do?service=AE&PRODUCT_ID=150461
    It will help you out the full details of your notebook, however, it states that the notebook has no bundle OEM Operating System, which means their are no CD's included.

If your planning to deploy Windows XP in your notebook, just click on this link to download all the needed drivers in your system http://gulf.computers.toshiba-europe.com/cgi-bin/ToshibaCSG/download_drivers_bios.jsp?service=AE

for Windows Vista 32Bit here's the link http://gulf.computers.toshiba-europe.com/cgi-bin/ToshibaCSG/download_drivers_bios.jsp?service=AE

Hope I'll enlightening your mind. Goodluck! Enjoy in your new notebook.

Mike of Alkhobar
    TechSupport

• Aa
      2nd of Sep, 2008

I purchase a Toshiba L300 | L300d Series With window Vister.
    I didnt Create a Recory CD and the Laptop is not starting up now. How can i get the Recory CD for my Laptop? I beleave if i could have a CD my Machine will start Up.

• Mo
      28th of Sep, 2008

I purchase a Toshiba L300 | L300d Series With window vista home primum I didnt Create a Recory CD and the Laptop is not starting up now. How can i get the Recovery CD for my Laptop? now my machine not working so what i can do??

• Ak
      4th of Nov, 2008

A200-20C

• Pr
      12th of Feb, 2009

I purchase a Toshiba Satellite L300 notebook without any recovery cd in it.

I want to downgrade to XP Pro. However, I do not know how I will do it.
    Please, send me the possible and correct procedure to downgrade from MS Vista to MS XP Pro.

Thanks,
    Presley

• Re
      15th of Feb, 2011
    toshiba satlite L300 - my laptop screen half portion blinking every time
    etc
    United Arab Emirates

my laptop sreen showing half portion blinking everytime