Nationwide Insurance / not on my side
I was rear ended by a hit and run driver. Since I carry uninsured motorist, my insurance company, Nationwide, became the responsible party to me. I'll streamline the story, but if you read no further FIRE NATIONWIDE they are crooks! After taking 19 days to make a decision regarding my car (repair vs. total) they offered my $15k for a fully loaded 2005 Prius (with car pool stickers) that has under 30k miles and is still under warranty. This is $8k below the dealer trade in value!!! This car sells for $32k (if you can even find one...)
I interviewed several repair shops and was told repeatedly that Nationwide is the absolute worst when it comes to repairs - they insist on used or after-market parts and routinely intimidate repair shops into doing sub-standard work!!
I also found out that Farmers allow for a $5000 premium on Prius' with the HOV stickers - Nationwide won't even acknowledge that there is market value associated with the stickers. (documented by many news stories including the Wall Street Journal, and quoted from KBB and other car resources) When Nationwide says "Fair Market Value" they really mean "sucker, we got you."
Additionally they do not acknowledge diminished value (reduced value of a car in an accident) I might understand them telling me it is not covered under my policy, but to disavow any knowledge of these subjects what-so-ever is certainly not negotiating in good faith.
They also refused to extend my rental car beyond a few days even though they took 19 days to make a decision!!!
This company has taken every opportunity to nickel and dime me, consistently negotiated in bad faith, stalled and hedged and insisted on sub-standard repairs.
Nationwide is NOT ON YOUR SIDE!!!
More Nationwide Insurance Complaints & Reviews
- Nationwide Insurance - cancellation fee 
- Nationwide Insurance - not on your side... for a home insurance complaint! 
- Nationwide Insurance - fraud and scam 
- Nationwide Insurance - cancellation of coverage 
- Nationwide Insurance - cancellation - debt collection 
- Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company - commercial claims
- Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company - claims adjuster!!!
- Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company - pet insurance
- Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company - delay in claim process
- Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company - claims associate is unresponsive