Nationstar Mortgage / withholding escrow surplus owed

1 Dallas, TX, United States Review updated:

This company has overcharged us in our escrow account and we were told that they could not adjust the overpayment during the time we were going through bankruptcy. Therefore, we had no choice but to continue overpaying our payments for 5 years, which eventually caused us to fall behind on our mortgage payments. After our bankruptcy was discharged we asked for the escrow surplus to be refunded to us, but because we were now not current on our mortgage payments we were told we must be current in order for them to release the refund. We asked (begged) them to just use the surplus amount to bring our account current and they refused to use OUR escrow money to pay the past due amount on the mortgage payments. We had no other choice but to agree to a mortgage modification that would wrap up past due amount into a new mortgage aggreement. Now we have finished all 3 trial payments, signed new contract and have begun paying all our current mortgage payments on time...we are current. However, no matter who we talk to at Nationstar we always get a different excuse as to why we haven't received the escrow refund check yet. Some reps say they need to perform an escrow analysis (which was already performed), some say we are not current (but can't tell us how) and some say the check is being released. Needless to say the check never comes and every time we call we speak to a different person with a different run-a-round story. We will never see the money that is rightfully ours and required by law to be refunded to us without hiring legal representation. This company is never accountable for anything that other reps tell you and refuse to send us anything in writing to back up what we are being told. IT IS MADDENING!!

Su
Aug 7, 2015

Comments

• Ti
      26th of Aug, 2015

Have you filed the necessary regulatory complaints on this matter? Our firm has been successful in obtaining escrow refunds for our clients. Feel free to call out office at 877.297.7011 for help.

• If
      28th of Sep, 2015

I am going through Nationstar Nightmare also, but I am turning tables on them.

email me I will help you and share how I am getting justice

rugergrl@yahoo.com

• If
      28th of Sep, 2015

Call or email me I am dealing with Nationstar and I have the only way to deal with this nightmare of a mortgage company,

They owe me a refund too and I will get it!!!

rugergrl@yahoo.com 360-801-7763