Nationstar Mortgage / deceptive loan practices and unresponsive customer service

Dallas, TX, United States Review updated:

Two weeks ago we tried to pay off a home loan we had with Nationstar Mortgage who had evidently bought the original loan from Centrex. After receiving a call that we were overdue, I spoke with several different service representatives all of whom told me that they had not received the check. I finally spoke with a supervisor (Chandra) who told me that they had sent the check back to us because anything over $5000 had to be a certified bank check and that we would not have included our "Prepayment Penalty." I told her that we did not have a prepayment penalty. Knowing that we would pay off this loan early, we had specifically asked that question (I had my notes used during the interview) and had been told no. She told me that there was such a penalty. I asked to speak to the Customer Service Dept. Manager.

Mr. Derek Taylor took my call. He once again told me that all their mortgages had a prepayment penalty and that if I looked through my contract I'd find it. I once more explained that we had questioned the agent about this and he had assured us there would be no prepayment penalty. He said that he could not "take my word for it" and that he could go by nothing other than the contract. When asked if I could speak to his supervisor he informed me that he was the only one who could help me. Then, he said he would review my contract and get back to me within three business days which would be on Monday, April 8th. Needless to say, he has not returned my calls. Since then I have sent an email to the customer service representative but have yet to receive a reply.

My husband and I have since reviewed the contract and did find a pre-penalty clause ... one that states that there MAY be a pre-penalty fee and that we are to discuss that with our agent...

Which of course we did. In all probability, we might have signed that paper feeling we had done our part in our negotiations.
Another complaint that we had against the company was that we have never received our home appraisal documents. Again, I have to admit that after I sent a letter requesting it (within the thirty days as per our contract) and several phone calls; I did let the matter die... Thinking back on it now, I should have realized then that we were dealing with a company that was going to be a problem.

Please be very careful dealing with this company. They are obviously one of those mortgage companies that are practicing deceitful tactics and ploys in order to get your business.
Va

Comments

Da
  5th of May, 2008
Sucks when you dont read the contract at closing!!
Me
  8th of Jun, 2009
nationstar mortgage is the most teff, liar, poor customer service eresponsible company I ever seen my life I am not sure this mortgage co.is legal, the reason is when i call I want speak to the superviser or manager, but nobody let me speak to one, they even they hang up on me, and also I pay my escrow they ask me to pay for them, I fax to them almost everywhere almost every month they still want me to pay $3000.oo. my payment is $957 now $1300.00. I ask they say I have to pay insurance and tax!
Please somebody investigate, and find out who they are
We
  18th of Nov, 2009
To: All Nation star Mortgage customers
Stop paying your mortgage, they don't have notes. If Centex home equity was your original lender, and Nation star mortgage sent you a statement saying that they are your new mortgage company holder. Request the hud statement, transfer documents, loan statements and the note with the breakdown.
"They don't have the documents at all"
They are the course of these financial crises we are in. We need to push this to the press the people need to know what’s going on. Do your researches follow the money it will lead you to Maid Off? Yes search and you will find out the truth. Fortress investment is the privet investor for Nation star mortgage LLC. Fortress investment is one of the companies that maid off had in his list. Do your homework. Ask Nation star mortgage for copies of the documents you singed, and they will give you the runaround, or they will give you a copy from your local court house. That means they don’t have the documents.
From The people to the people

Nationstar Mortgage Logo Nationstar Mortgage
Overall Satisfaction Rating

424 Reviews
8950 Cypress Waters Blvd.
Coppell